Open Source As Prior Art
Welcome to the Open Source as Prior Art Project Wiki.
The topic of this Project is: Open Source as Prior Art (should probably be renamed to FLOSS as Prior Art, just to be neutral about some political/social issues). Thus you need to know what FLOSS and Prior Art is. Here you can find some basic information:
- Free/Libre/Open-Source Software - FLOSS
- Open Source Definition
- Open-source Software
- Prior Art - Introduction to Prior Art
- Patent Top Ten - Top 10 things you should know about patents
- HowTo search for Prior Art in the Internet ( HowTo search for Prior Art in the Internet )
- This HowTo is a step-by-step guide on how you could perform a coordinated search for Prior Art in the Internet.
- Prior Art meta-search engine
- (will be) a system to aid your search for Prior Art
- Example Prior Art search
- An example where the HowTo search for Prior Art is used on one specific patent
- Publication Categorization
- If you have no idea, what kind of software might be used as Prior Art for a specific patent, then look here. Basicly this is a mapping between USPTO categories and FLOSS categories.
- Request for Prior Art Mailinglist
- This might become a mailinglist where you can ask for associations to specific patents. So more people might help you to find appropriate starting-points for your Prior Art research.
- Guideline for Developers
- What can you do to ensure your program can be used as Prior Art in 20 years
- Tagging Prototype
- Easier searching for Prior Art (or for reusing appropriate code in your own project)
- A Social Tagging Engine
- Patent Law - some important excerpts regarding Prior Art
- Manual of Patent Examining Procedure (MPEP)
- 900 Prior Art, Classification, and Search
- Printed and electronic publications as Prior Art
- Notice of Public Hearing and Request for Comments on Issues Related to the Identification of Prior Art During the Examination of a Patent Application . - In 1999 the USPTO issued an RFC, here you find the RFC itself and lots of comments
- Proposed Rule Changes to Focus the Patent Process in the 21st Century, Januar 2006 (link)
- Subcommittee on Courts, the Internet, and Intellectual Property Oversight Hearing on "Patent Quality Enhancement in the Information-Based Economy", April 5th, 2006, including Video-Stream
- CAPAS - Computer Aided Prior Art Search
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Milestones - General Project goals -- what people can do to help
- Motivations - The motivations behind this project
- Questions for the USPTO - Questions posed to the USPTO by members of the OSS community
- Glossary - Words, phrases, and acronyms explained
- Out of Scope - Patent reform alternatives outside the scope of this project
Tagging Workshop 2006 Sep - agenda + attendees + presentations + conclusions
See the Wiki User's Guide for help on using this Wiki.