- easy integration in existing systems
- tag whole projects (this is what the other tagging-systems do)
- tag single files
- tag collection of files
- tag source-parts within a source-file
- provide freely definable tagging-classes (like functions, packages, directories, .. )
- distinguish between tags from everybody to those from project-owners (maybe also from registered/unregistered users)
- web-interface for tagging
- code-comment system to add tags (developers only of course) maybe like javadoc?
- relevance of tags (defined by developers? defined by number of submissions?)
- date/time of tag-submission
- removal of tags
- automatic take-over from tags to new releases/files?
- upper/lower case auto-detection for tags (e.g. linux was submitted 5 times and Linux 300 times, then the tag would appear as Linux)
- filter-plugin-interface (e.g. to add a stop-word filter for spam-words)
- templates for tag-displaying (e.g. add <href or class-attributes for each displayed tag)