By Linux Foundatio... - November 10, 2009 - 8:59am
Which meta-information for files getting timestamped do we store
All infos are optional, but in my prevalent-implementation i required that any three options had to be specified, but no specific one was required.
These are of course additional to the hash-values, which are required :)
- the filename that was timestamped
- the url of the project's homepage
- name of the project to which the file belongs
- currently: undefined, text or binary
- url where the file is available for public download
- submission time/date
- when this info was sent to the publictimestamp server
- contact email address. This information can be requested for help in legal cases. We could also implement a way to send emails via a web-form without showing the email address.
- submission IP
- the IP address from which the submission was sent to us; only statistically interesting.
Recent Blog Posts
May 17, 2013
May 12, 2013