As part of the Open Source as Prior Art project, software is needed to serve as a prototype for a social tagging tool to help classify software. Possibly starting from the ccHost tool, extend the capabilities to allow for tagging at multiple layers.
Think of Freshmeat meets Flickr. Track software and software development through the use of social tagging.
The resulting software should be able to:
- Allow for arbitrary word and phrase tags
- Create new project areas to tag, with references to external sites
- Have multiple sub-sections within a project to tag
- Allow both "public" and admin tags
- Maintain information about date/times tags were added/changed
OSSTag Prototype - current development takes place here
Current OSSTag demo site: http://prevalent-digest.de/osstag/current/
Ideas, reviews, requirements engineering
Examples for different Tagging-Structures: http://prevalent-digest.de/osstag/re/tagging-interfaces.html
Which tags do we allow ? (Software Thesaurus)
- Linux Cover Story — Multidimensional Tagging
- GUI Design