The website will be pure XSLT, that transforms the server's XML-Answers to HTML.
The server will also provide special xsltpassthrough parameters, making it easyer for the xslt to maintain it's current state.
suggestion by Jan
To find some special timestamp for verification, there are several methods to do so:
After clicking search, you'll get as answer the search result
The search results are all displayed including a link to the timestamp details
The detailed view of a timestamp has a link to the accoring PTB.
Of course the timestamp-details also display the meta-information of the timestamped file again. This looks the same as I already showed in the search result
PTB - Public Timestamp Block
The PTB (Public Timestamp Block) details page contains all information neccessary to verify the Timestamps yourself.
- A link to the hash-values of this block (looks like this)
- A link to all the 'timestamp details pages' of files that were timestamped within this block (looks like this)
- A list of all known publications of the hash values of this specific PTB
- Follow-up blocks, which contain (as described by Endless logfile) the Hash of this PTB as a whole.
- photos is just an idea we can discuss, but for explanation it could be helpful if we provide photos of the magazine's page that containes the hash-values (if they send us one of course only).
- A download link to download this block to self-verify it
How are these blocks connected? Read Timestamping_Introduction#Endless_Logfile .
This here shows what everybody would need to publish. (Of course not exactly this, but always the latest version :)
Of course we could make this a little smaller, and maybe provide different versions. For example we could skip the non-cryptographic hash-values (as all the smaller checksums) for magazines. Those are mostly here for easyer searching and verification. The evidence comes from the big ones :)
PTBs must all be public available for download!
- Its very important that this data won't get lost or corrupted
- For more security everybody should be able to mirror these files, and we should even encourage others to do so
- For verification of timestamps everybody must be able to download these files (of course only single ones, to find the right one above search mechanism gets implemented)