TAB Meeting, March 7, 2008

The minutes of TAB meetings are provided for informational purposes only. Discussions and decisions described in the minutes should not be interpreted as official or definitive TAB or The Linux Foundation policy. While efforts are made to ensure their accuracy and completeness, we regret we cannot guarantee that they are. If you have corrections or additions, please contact tech-board at lists.linux-foundation.org


  • LF Fellowship Doc Writer Status.
  • PCI/USB SIG membership.
  • NDA Programme.
  • Collaboration summit update.
  • OSAPA update.
  • Any other Business.


  • James Bottomley
  • Matt Mackall
  • Dan Kohn
  • Randy Dunlap
  • Jim Zemlin
  • Jonathan Corbet
  • Greg Kroah-Hartman
  • Chris Wright


Status Doc-fellowship

Final stages of contract negotiations.

USB / PCI SIG membership

Still waiting for final contracts with USB. Jim has spoken with Karen
and we should be able to resolve the last wording issues in the next few

PCI is still entagled. We are contacting the PCI board members to ask
them to sponsor a Laison relationship, or direct the PCI lawyer that we
should be a regular member.

Jim has reached out to a number of INCITS members about controversy over
closing off the specs. There is consiberable pressure against this, but
if they do go ahead, it would be possible for the LF to join INCITS as a
liason member.

Dan asked us if we should start the process with bluetooth, since these
seem to have a long latency. Greg will send the information to Dan.

NDA program

Marvell is moving; they have sent us some hardware which is now in the
lending library. They haven't signed the NDA agreement yet, so we don't
have the documentation yet. James is concerned about whether this could
be an indication the engineering department has little faith that
Marvell's legal department will sign the NDA agreement.

Mauro Carvalho Chehab has asked us for help getting Video4Linux
documentation. We will probably need to cold call the companies
involved. Jim will make this happen. James will send the list of
companies and model #'s for which specs are desired to Jim.

Collaboration summit update

The agenda is available. James, Matt, Ted, Jon, Cristoph Lameter, are

OSAPA update

We are collaborating with OSAPA to provide documentation for the kernel
as part of documenting potential prior art in the kernel. The calls
every two weeks at Tuesday at 11:30 US/Central. Other attendees on the
call would be greatly appreciated

Other business

Amanda would like all TAB members to submit biographies and topics that
they might be willing/able to speak to form the beginnings of a LF
Speaker's Bureau.