Technical Advisory Board (TAB)

The Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board

The Technical Advisory Board (TAB) provides the Linux kernel community a direct voice into The Linux Foundation’s activities and fosters bi-directional interaction with application developers, end users, and Linux companies.

Grant Likely
Grant Likely (Chair)
Grant Likely is the Boot Architect at Linaro limited and the device tree maintainer for the Linux kernel.

 

Jonathan Corbet
Jonathan Corbet (Vice Chair)
Executive editor at LWN.net, co-author of Linux Device Drivers, and Linux kernel contributor.

Peter Anvin
H. Peter Anvin
Principal Engineer at Intel, x86 architecture co-maintainer, and Linux contributor since 1992.

 

John Linville
John Linville
Wireless local area networking Maintainer working at Red Hat.

Greg Kroah-Hartman
Greg Kroah-Hartman
Linux Foundation Fellow and Linux USB subsystem maintainer.

 

Matthew Garrett
Matthew Garrett
Senior software engineer at Nebula, Inc.

Chris Mason
Chris Mason
Facebook

 

Sarah Sharp
Sarah Sharp
Linux kernel xHCI driver maintainer at Intel.

Thomas Gleixner
Thomas Gleixner
Manages bug reports for NANA FLASH, core timers and the unified x86 architecture.

 

Kristen Accardi
Kristen Accardi
Senior Software Engineer at Intel and Linux kernel contributor

 

Activities

November 2009 TAB Minutes

Present: James B., Jon C., Alan C, Ted T., Chris M., Greg K-H

Meeting called to order at 12:03pm US/Eastern

1. End User Summit: any last minute questions requests or updates?

none.

2. Plumbers Steering Committee.  Looks like the dates have shifted
        to November in Boston. [Ted]

LinuxCon will be August 10-12, with mini-summits on August 8 and 9
Linux Plumbers Conference will be moving to November 3-5 and will be

January 2010 TAB Minutes

1. Moblin Copyright issue.

Weekly open steering committee calls; we haven't had one since early december.  I haven't had an opportunity to speak to these guys about it.    They have received a paragraph or two sent from Novell in a round-about way.  They are rethinking the copyright/licensing language, and expanding the steering committee.   There has been radio silence, mostly due to the holidays.  Jim will continue to ping them.

April 2010 TAB Minutes

TAB Members present: Chris, Jon, Ted, James, Greg K-H, Kristen, Chris W.
Others present: Angela, Jenifer, Jim, Amanda, Tess

     1. Presentation of the LPC accounts from Portland in 2009.  Since
        the TAB is the steering committee, it actually has overall
        financial responsibility, so we need to check these. [James,
        Kristin]

June 2010 TAB Minutes

Attendees:

  • Jon Corbet
  • Greg Kroah-Hartman
  • Chris Mason
  • Dave
  • John
  • Chris Wright
  • Ted Tso
  • Thomas Gleixner
  • Amanda McPherson
  • Jim Zemlin

ACTION: Amanda to find us a better concall number

1. No one has submitted any suggestions for what Michael should be working on.  Last call for suggestions

Start date is July 1st.

July 2010 TAB Minutes

Present: Ted, James, Jon, Alan, Thomas, Greg, Amanda, Chris

     1. Project Harmony (Canonical's Copyright Assignment Harmonisation
        push):  Report back from Ted on 16 June Meeting.  Did anyone go
        to the 23 June meeting in London?  Amanda has given them a BoF
        at LinuxCon at 17:00 on 11 August, so we probably need someone

Tab Minutes

Minutes: October 2010

Meeting was called to order at 12:04pm US/Eastern

Present: Ted, James, Chris, Greg, Jon, Thomas, Chris Mason,

Agenda
     1. Ratify call for hosting LPC2011 [James will have produced this
        by the meeting]

Hold anywhere you like, if it's colocated with LinuxCon, nice if you're
in Vancouver.

Jesse may be interested.  The portland crew will do it if no one else is
interested.

minutes/march_3_2006

The minutes of TAB meetings are provided for informational purposes
only. Discussions and decisions described in the minutes should not
be interpreted as official or definitive TAB or OSDL policy. While
efforts are made to ensure their accuracy and completeness, we regret
we cannot guarantee that they are. If you have corrections or additions,
please contact tech-board at lists.osdl.org

March 3, 2006

Technical Advisory Board Conference Call Minutes

minutes/april_4_2008

minutes/august_3_2007

minutes/march_2_2007

TAB Meeting, March 2

The minutes of TAB meetings are provided for informational purposes only. Discussions and decisions described in the minutes should not be interpreted as official or definitive TAB or OSDL policy. While efforts are made to ensure their accuracy and completeness, we regret we cannot guarantee that they are. If you have corrections or additions, please contact tech-board at lists.osdl.org

Agenda:

1.Status of Tech Writer Fellowship (really just did Bill Von Hagen
accept)

minutes/july_7_2006

The minutes of TAB meetings are provided for informational purposes
only. Discussions and decisions described in the minutes should not be
interpreted as official or definitive TAB or OSDL policy. While efforts
are made to ensure their accuracy and completeness, we regret we cannot
guarantee that they are. If you have corrections or additions, please
contact tech-board at lists.osdl.org

Friday July 7, 2006

Technical Advisory Board Conference Call Minutes

Attendees:

minutes/march_7_2008

minutes/january_18_2008

minutes/october_6_2006

The minutes of TAB meetings are provided for informational purposes
only. Discussions and decisions described in the minutes should not be
interpreted as official or definitive TAB or OSDL policy. While efforts
are made to ensure their accuracy and completeness, we regret we cannot
guarantee that they are. If you have corrections or additions, please
contact tech-board at lists.osdl.org

Friday October 6, 2006

Technical Advisory Board Conference Call Minutes

Attendees:

minutes/april_14_2006

The minutes of TAB meetings are provided for informational purposes
only. Discussions and decisions described in the minutes should not
be interpreted as official or definitive TAB or OSDL policy. While
efforts are made to ensure their accuracy and completeness, we regret
we cannot guarantee that they are. If you have corrections or additions,
please contact tech-board at lists.osdl.org

April 14, 2006

Technical Advisory Board Conference Call Minutes

Attendees:

minutes/june_2_2006

The minutes of TAB meetings are provided for informational purposes
only. Discussions and decisions described in the minutes should not
be interpreted as official or definitive TAB or OSDL policy. While
efforts are made to ensure their accuracy and completeness, we regret
we cannot guarantee that they are. If you have corrections or additions,
please contact tech-board at lists.osdl.org

Friday June 2, 2006

Technical Advisory Board Conference Call Minutes

Attendees:

minutes/september_21_2007

minutes/september_1_2006

The minutes of TAB meetings are provided for informational purposes
only. Discussions and decisions described in the minutes should not be
interpreted as official or definitive TAB or OSDL policy. While efforts
are made to ensure their accuracy and completeness, we regret we cannot
guarantee that they are. If you have corrections or additions, please
contact tech-board at lists.osdl.org

Friday September 1, 2006

Technical Advisory Board Conference Call Minutes

Attendees:

minutes/may_2_2008

Syndicate content