Linux, open source software and collaborative development dominate how technology is built today. Individual Supporters of The Linux Foundation are contributing to this massive innovation and helping to advance the greatest shared resources of our time.
Modeled after similar community programs and with more benefits available to supporters than ever before, The Linux Foundation aims to bring together open source software professionals, developers, SysAdmins and students to advance important community and industry initiatives that increase diversity in tech and access to new technologies.
We are targeting funds generated by the program in 2016 to be donated to Outreachy, a proven initiative that coordinates and underwrites programming internships for women, transmen and genderqueer people; Free Geek, which recycles and refurbishes used computers and provides desktop training for underserved populations; and #YesWeCode, which is focused on training low opportunity youth to become high level coders. Recipient organizations will be reviewed regularly. Individual Supporters can submit their suggestions to info (at) linuxfoundation (dot) org
Becoming an Individual Supporter Pays for Itself Immediately
At $99.00, becoming an Individual Supporter can pay for itself right away when you attend a Linux Foundation LinuxCon event, take a certification exam or training course, or buy equipment at Employee Purchase Prices from Dell, HP or Lenovo. You will also receive a Linux.com email address that shows the world - and future employers - that you are a proud supporter of Linux and the open source community. Becoming an Individual Supporter also connects you to information, tools and events needed to advance your career and stay current with the latest technologies.
Choose how you would like to become an Individual Supporter today
Benefits and Discounts:
- Your own Linux.com email address. Don't suffer from firstname.lastname@example.org
- A weekly Linux.com "Briefing Book" with news, technical tips, and analysis to keep you ahead of the curve
- 30% off registration fees on one Linux Foundation event every year. Eligible events include Embedded Linux Conference, OpenIoT Summit, LinuxCon, ContainerCon, ApacheCon, Apache: Big Data, Vault, Automotive Grade Linux Summit, or ONS.
- Up to 10% discount on Linux Foundation's open-enrollment training courses
- $100 off Certification Exams from the Linux Foundation Certification Program - These Savings Pay for Membership with Just One Use
- Employee Purchase Pricing at Dell, HP, and Lenovo - Save up to 40% on Your Purchases of Hardware and Accessories
- 50% off Southern California Linux Expo (SCALE)
- 35% off No Starch Press Publications
- Up to 40% off O’Reilly.com print publications
For More Information
- Please refer to our Individual Supporter FAQ.
- If you are unable to find the answer to your question in the FAQ please contact us at supporterservices (at) linuxfoundation dot org.