CUPS Printing Setup Mini-HOWTO
A Tutorial from Till Kamppeter
This tutorial shows the basics of printing with CUPS, including
- Setting up local (USB, Parallel) PostScript and non-PostScript printers
- Multi-function devices
- Assigning an IP address to ethernet-connected printers
- Sharing printers in networks
- High availability - Redundant CUPS queues and servers
- Sharing printers to Windows boxes with Samba
- and more ...
Read it here ...
The document is written in HTML and the PDF is generated from the HTML source using HTMLDOC . All files needed to generate the PDF file you can download here . Run "htmldoc --batch tut.book" for directly producing the PDF or "htmldoc tut.book" to get a graphical tool to configure the PDF layout.
... and discuss about it here!
You can discuss the tutorial in our forums .
And here  is an older printing tutorial which Till has given together with Kurt Pfeifle on the Linux-Kongress 2002  in Germany. Note that this one is still based in Foomatic 2.x, but it contains some subjects not covered by the new tutorial.