Imagine arriving at a conference where you immediately recognize Linux kernel developers from their annual Linux Kernel Summit photo . You connect with colleagues from other companies but with whom you're working on collaborative, open source projects. A lot of faces in the sessions are familiar and a lot are new. Your session and hallway discussions move beyond talk and you start working on advancing your projects right there at the conference. You might even start a new one. And, at night you leave the laptop in the bag and you enjoy amazing venues and great laughs. This is LinuxCon /CloudOpen. 
LinuxCon and CloudOpen are packed with insightful and inspiring keynote speakers and a variety of technical, legal and business sessions. In fact, Amanda McPherson recently blogged about her five can't miss sessions at CloudOpen .
But we're also excited to offer a variety of things onsite to enhance your conference experience. We know that sometimes it's the impromptu moments between sessions or after the end of the day when interesting opportunities are surfaced. And, we want to provide the right experience and environment for enabling that kind of exchange.
Here are a just a handful of things we hope you'll take advantage of this year in San Diego:
* Barnes & Noble onsite bookstore where you can purchase your favorite technical book. Maybe a session will inspire a new project. B&N will have what you need.
* As you know , skateboarding lessons will be available Friday at lunch. We're told we might even have a guest instructor of the Linux kernel developer variety. Stay tuned.
* Lunch will be available outside on the lawn where we'll have food trucks and BBQ, as well as lawn games like badminton, croquet and others.
* It wouldn't be LinuxCon without the 24-hour hacker lounge. This year, though, we're giving away coding survival kits. Make sure to get yours.
* If you're bringing your partner, spouse or family to San Diego, definitely take advantage of our Partner Program.  There are daily tours available as well as access to the evening events. There is a long list of cool things to do around San Diego.
* This year's Technology Showcase will feature more Linux and open cloud technologies than ever before.
* Complimentary chair massage. Don't miss this. Grab 15 minutes between sessions or before one of the evening parties to relax a bit.
* We'll also have a laptop storage and charging station to protect your gear.
LinuxCon/CloudOpen is so close. Hope you're getting ready. We are! If you haven't registered yet, just visit our Linux Foundation events  site. If you've never been and this year will be your first LinuxCon/CloudOpen experience, you can check out this video to learn more about it.