Open Source Compliance Training and Consulting
Free and open source software provide companies with a way to accelerate innovation through collaboration with the global community of developers. However, accompanying the benefits of teaming with the community are important responsibilities: Companies must ensure compliance with applicable license obligations. The Linux Foundation, as a way to increase the adoption of Linux and open source, offers a comprehensive open source compliance training and consulting program for companies using Linux in their products.
Compliance helps achieve three main objectives:
- Comply with 3rd party software supplier contractual obligations in light of free and open source software licensing obligations
- Facilitate effective usage of free and open source software in commercial products
- Protect commercial product differentiation while complying with free and open source software contractual obligations
The Linux Foundation offers:
- In house training on open source compliance targeted for both executives and for teams and individuals involved in ensuring product compliance on a daily basis.
- Supplementary open source tools that will support companies' efforts in ensuring compliance; these tools will be complimentary to source code scanning tools already available in the market.
- Custom and private consulting that leverages our experience as the Linux Foundation and makes use of our legal and technical networks and connections.
- Advice on best practices and community relations.
- Free informational resources on open source compliance. You can find the free white papers here.