Organizations from around the world demonstrate commitment to open source development practices with investment in shared technologies
SAN FRANCISCO – April 27, 2017 – The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, announced that 28 new organizations have joined the Foundation as Silver members. Linux Foundation members help support development of the greatest shared technology resources in history, while accelerating their own innovation through open source leadership and participation.
With the support of its members, The Linux Foundation hosts open source projects across technologies including networking, security, cloud, blockchain and more. This collaborative development model is helping technology advance at a rapid pace in a way that benefits individuals and organizations around the world.
“The expanding dedication to open source principles continues to impress all of us at The Linux Foundation,” said Jim Zemlin, executive director, The Linux Foundation. “These new members reflect that, and we are pleased to have them help us further advance the community.”
In addition to joining the Foundation, many of these new members have joined Linux Foundation projects such as Automotive Grade Linux, Cloud Native Computing Foundation, DPDK, EdgeX Foundry, Hyperledger, Open Container Initiative, Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP) and Open API Initiative. For a full list of members, visit https://www.linuxfoundation.org/members/corporate.
New members include:
- 6WIND creates networking software to help solve performance and time-to-market challenges for OEMs and network builders.
- BBVA is the second largest bank in Spain.
- Beechwoods Software provides software products and services to businesses and OEMs developing embedded and resource-limited products.
- Dataman (Beijing Digital Technology Co., Ltd.) is a developer of open source cloud computing technologies.
- China Jiangsu Huaxin Blockchain Research was established in 2016 to carry out Blockchain research and application development.
- Ciena is a network strategy and technology company.
- ClearBlade is a developer-focused Industrial IoT Application Enablement Platform for building secure IoT solutions integrated enterprise IoT.
- CollectorIQ is an online platform helping collectors and their advisors better track, analyze and trade holdings of fine art and collectibles.
- Consensus Base is a Blockchain specialist company providing advisory services, consulting, development and training.
- Cumulocity is an Internet of Things (IoT) software platform provider.
- Hangzhou HarmonyCloud is a container-based cloud platform provider focused on building enterprise PaaS platforms on open source projects like Kubernetes.
- Korea Exchange is the sole securities exchange operator in South Korea.
- NDS Corporation (Korea) is the IT service specialist affiliate of Nongshim Group.
- New H3C Technologies is a Hangzhou-based information technology solution provider.
- Nexius combines technology services, software (big data analytics), and network engineering and deployment to provide clients with full network lifecycle expertise.
- Orange SA is a French multinational telecommunications corporation.
- QAware analyzes, renovates, invents and implements software systems.
- Reliance Jio is the largest LTE mobile network operator in India.
- Savvi produces tools and interfaces that enable customers to extract real value from their data.
- SecureKey is a leading identity and authentication provider that simplifies consumer access to online services and applications.
- Shenzhen Forms Syntron is a professional IT outsourcing business serving large commercial banks in China.
- Sight Machine is used by companies to make better, faster decisions about their manufacturing operations.
- Software AG offers an end-to-end Digital Business Platform, based on open standards, with integration, process management, in-memory data, adaptive application development, real-time analytics and enterprise architecture management.
- Solinea partners with global enterprises to help them achieve their agile, secure, and transformational objectives through the intelligent adoption of strategic cloud solutions.
- TenxCloud is a cloud computing company offering a Kubernetes-based enterprise cloud platform.
- Tradeix is a FinTech platform that is transforming the trade finance sector for the benefit of all market participants.
- V5 Systems is a pioneer in self-powered computing and security platforms for the outdoors.
- VoiceBox Technologies creates voice applications based on patented, award-winning natural language technology.
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world's top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. Founded in 2000, The Linux Foundation today provides tools, training and events to scale any open source project, which together deliver an economic impact not achievable by any one company. More information can be found at www.linuxfoundation.org.
# # #
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.