March 17, 2009, 11:57 am
A few weeks ago, I wrote about highlighted speakers from the Collaboration Summit. While that post was packed full of good speakers, I wanted to highlight some others I‚Äôm just as excited to see. My aim for CollabSummit has always been to show the true breadth of Linux luminaries, spanning the corporate, community and users world. I think this year we‚Äôve captured a good mix. The full agenda can be found here.
- Gnome Foundation Stormy Peters will be speaking twice, one on marketing for community projects and another on the Gnome project itself.
- Many events claim to have rock star developers as speakers. We actually have a rock star. Jono Bacon, Ubuntu community manager and heavy metal singer will be talking about building community. (Hopefully he‚Äôll give us a sneak peak into his new book, The Art of Community, that he‚Äôs currently working on for O‚ÄôReilly.)
- Linux kernel maintainer Greg KH will talk about the Linux driver program. He‚Äôs also offered to write a driver for a company in attendance. Any takers?
- Michael Cote, analyst at RedMonk, will discuss Cloud Computing in our session on New Technologies and their affect on the platform.¬† The RedMonk guys are the best so I‚Äôm very pleased Michael can join us.
- On the legal side, Linux Foundation legal counsel Karen Copenhaver will lead a session that features¬† Lessons Learned from ath5k: Copyright Stewardship in the Linux Codebase: Karen Sandler & Bradley M. Kuhn, Software Freedom Law Center (SFLC)
- On the Green Linux front, I‚Äôm excited to learn more about: Saving Large Amounts of Energy With Network Connectivity Proxying: Bruce Nordman, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Unfortunately I won‚Äôt be able to sit in on everything. We‚Äôll just have to ask people I miss to present at Linuxcon.
Latest posts by The Linux Foundation (see all)
- Confidential Computing Consortium Establishes Formation with Founding Members and Open Governance Structure – Member Comments - October 17, 2019
- Confidential Computing Consortium Establishes Formation with FoundingMembers and Open Governance Structure - October 17, 2019
- Open FinTech Forum Brings Together Technologists and Business Executives to Accelerate Development in Finance Sector - October 16, 2019