1) Brian Behlendorf, developer of Apache web-server software, announced as the Hyperledger Project’s new executive director.
2) Linux 4.6 provides improved security, ARM support, & gaming hardware support.
3) OpenDaylight executive director Neela Jacques explains the ubiquity of open source.
The Shift in Open Source: A New Kind of Platform War– NetworkWorld
4) Adam Jaffe testifies in the Oracle’s copyright infringement case against Google.
5) Major security vulnerability in the Symantec Antivirus Engine has been uncovered and could compromise Linux, Mac and Windows PCs.
Security Hole in Symantec Antivirus Exposes Windows, Linux and Macs– SecurityBrief NZ
Latest posts by The Linux Foundation (see all)
- Confidential Computing Consortium Establishes Formation with Founding Members and Open Governance Structure – Member Comments - October 17, 2019
- Confidential Computing Consortium Establishes Formation with FoundingMembers and Open Governance Structure - October 17, 2019
- Open FinTech Forum Brings Together Technologists and Business Executives to Accelerate Development in Finance Sector - October 16, 2019