This week in Linux and open source, the ‘Big 4″ accounting firms are becoming power players in blockchain, Oracle expands open source container efforts, and more in this weekly digest!
1) The four largest accounting firms in the world are active members of the blockchain revolution– Including Deloitte, which joined the Hyperledger Project.
2) Oracle to expand container efforts with three new open-source utilities to help improve container security.
3) Hyperledger’s Indy “is all about giving identity owners independent control of their personal data and relationships.” Explains Doc Searls in his op-ed about the availability of Linux for all users.
Linux for Everyone–All 7.5 Billion of Us– LinuxJournal
4) Regarding commits is “probably, it’s the second biggest kernel release.”
5) WatchGuard CTO Corey Nachreiner explains that Linux attacks and malware are on the rise.
IoT Fuels Growth of Linux Malware– IoTInside
Latest posts by The Linux Foundation (see all)
- Protected: Project Maintainers: Reduce Your CLA Administrative Headaches Today - July 11, 2019
- Linux Foundation and LF Networking Announce Keynote Highlights for Open Networking Summit Europe - July 10, 2019
- ONAP Doubles-Down on Deployments, Drives Commercial Activity Across Open Source Networking Stack with ‘Dublin’ Release - July 9, 2019