LF Networking (LFN), launched on January 1st of this year, has already made a significant impact in the open source networking ecosystem gaining over 100 members in the just the first 100 days. Critically, LFN has also continues to attract support and participation from many of the world’s top network operators, including six new members announced in May: KT, KDDI, SK Telecom, Sprint, Swisscom; and Deutsche Telekom announced just last month. In fact, member companies of LFN now represent more than 60% of the world’s mobile subscribers. Open source is becoming the de facto way to develop software and it’s the technical collaboration at the project level that makes it so powerful.
Similar to the demos in the LFN Booth at ONS North America, the LFN Booth at ONS Europe will once again showcase the top, community-led, technical demos from the LFN family of projects. We have increased the number of demo stations from 8 to 10, and for the first time, are showcasing demos from the big data analytics project PNDA, and demos that include the newly added LFN Project, Tungsten Fabric (formerly OpenContrail). Technology from founding LFN Projects FD.io, ONAP, OPNFV, and OpenDaylight will also be represented, along with adjacent projects like Acumos, Kubernetes, OpenCI, Open Compute Project, and OpenStack.
Building on the Virtual Central Office demo shown at the OPNFV Summit last year, a team from Red Hat and 10+ participating companies, including China Mobile, have expanded to show a mobile access network configuration using vRAN for the LTE RAN and vEPC built in open source. Another demo showcasing collaboration from 10+ companies, Orange will showcase their Orange OpenLab which is based on several LFN projects. OpenLab allows for the management of CI/CD pipelines, and provides a stable environment for developers. Other operator-led demos include CCVPN (Cross Domain and Cross Layer VPN), from China Mobile and Vodafone, that demonstrates ONAP orchestration capability; and a demo from AT&T showcasing the design, configuration, and deployment of a closed loop instance acting on a VNF (vCPE).
Industry hot topics like cloud native approaches to virtual network functions, service mesh, and testing for 5G and edge computing scenarios will also be covered.
Listed below is the full networking demo lineup, and you can read detailed descriptions of each demo here.
- ONAP Control Loops & ONAP CLAMP Dashboard (ONAP) – Presented by AT&T
- OPNFV Testing for Open Infrastructure Federation (OPNFV, OpenStack) – Presented by China Mobile, Dell, Ericsson, Huawei, Intel, SUSE, and ZTE
- Network Telemetry Analytics – Collecting, Ingesting, and Analyzing Telemetry Data (PNDA) – Presented by Cisco, Huawei, Gradiant, Inocybe Technologies, and Xoriant
- ONAP-Powered Cross-Operator Connectivity Service Demo (ONAP) – Presented by CMCC, Vodafone, and Huawei
- Service Mesh and SDN: At-Scale Cluster Load Balancing (Tungsten Fabric, Linux OS, Istio, Envoy, Kubernetes, HAProxy) – Presented by Juniper Networks
- Automating Transport Services Over Multi-Domain Networks (OpenDaylight) – Presented by Lumina Networks
- LFN Orange Openlab: A Neutral Open Source Catalyst & Playground (ONAP, OPNFV, Acumos, OpenCI, Openstack, Kubernetes) – Presented by Orange and 10+ partners
- An Open Approach: Virtualizing the CO for Mobile Services (OPNFV, ODL, OpenStack, OCP) – Presented by Red Hat and 10+ partners
- SDN Deployment with Multi Data-Path Options (Tungsten Fabric, FD.io) – Presented by Sofioni Networks & ATS
- Intelligent ONAP Policies Using AI/ML Realized Through Acumos (ONAP, Acumos) – Presented by Tech Mahindra Limited
To all the demo managers with hardhats and tool belts — thank for your hard work pulling these together. To everyone else, come meet us at the construction site to see where open source networking is going.
If you haven’t already registered for ONS Europe, use code ONS18SPR for 15% off. Hurry, standard registration expires September 15th. Register today!
Latest posts by Brandon Wick (see all)
- Twelve Community-Driven Demos Highlight Innovation and Integration Across the Networking Stack - September 9, 2019
- Community Demos at ONS to Highlight LFN Project Harmonization and More - March 18, 2019
- Building in the Open: ONS Europe Demos Highlight Networking Industry Collaboration - August 21, 2018