The Great LinuxCon Wild Goose Chase scavenger hunt is well underway as Linux community members across the globe race for the chance to win up to $500. Participants complete missions by sending in their photos through the GooseChase app, and we’ve gotten hundreds of photos so far. To help inspire your own Linux Goose Chase, we’ve collected some of the best photos in this slideshow (below).
Now is a great time to join! Winners will be announced live at LinuxCon/CloudOpen North America and LinuxCon/CloudOpen Europe and on Linux.com. On September 18th from LinuxCon/CloudOpen North America, we will award the 1st and 2nd prize winners with $200 and $50 Amazon gift cards respectively. On October 23rd from LinuxCon/CloudOpen Europe we will announce the Grand Prize winner and award them a $500 Amazon gift card.
Here’s how to join the contest:
1) Download the GooseChase app from Android or iTunes.
2) Choose the the Great LinuxCon Wild Goose Chase game. (Search ‘Linux’ if it doesn’t appear right away.)
3) Select and complete Missions to earn points. Missions consists of small, fun tasks for which you take a picture with your phone and submit it for points.
4) The most cumulative points by the dates above wins!
Latest posts by Linux Foundation (see all)
- Automotive Linux Summit & OS Summit Japan Schedule Announced - April 25, 2018
- Hyperledger Continues Strong Momentum with 13 New Members - April 25, 2018
- Open Source Summit Japan + Automotive Linux Summit Speakers and Agenda Announced - April 24, 2018