This week in open source and Linux news, Steven J. Vaughan-NIchols challenges the critics of the new Linux Foundation-Microsoft membership news, Fedora 25 is easy for newbies to use, and more. Keep reading for all the latest top OSS news!
1) Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols challenges the Microsoft challengers.
Open Source Has Won, and Microsoft Has Surrendered– ComputerWorld
2) “The Fedora community created one of the smoothest Linux Installation experiences ever [with Fedora 25.]”
3) “Let’s take a look at how wrong I was,” says Bryan Lunduke about his 2016 predictions from last year.
2016 Linux Predictions: Which Ones Came True?– NetworkWorld
4) “The Node.js Foundation announced major milestones toward allowing the solution to work in a wide variety of VMs at the Linux Foundation’s Node.js Interactive conference this week.”
Notes from Node.js Interactive– SDTimes
5) OpenDaylight Project’s Neela Jacques investigates vendors’ practice of “openwashing.”
Latest posts by Linux Foundation (see all)
- Akraino, a New Linux Foundation Project, Aims to Drive Alignment Around High-Availability Cloud Services for Network Edge - February 20, 2018
- The Linux Foundation Launches Open FinTech Forum: AI, Blockchain, Kubernetes & Quantum on Wall Street - February 13, 2018
- Open Source Audits in Merger and Acquisition Transactions - February 12, 2018