This week in Linux and OSS news, GitHub CEO shares thoughts on tech industry’s heavyweights shifting to Linux, National Law Review spotlights Hyperledger, and more! Read on to get caught up on this week’s top Linux and open source headlines.
1) “Big companies are now embracing open source. If more companies are turning to software, they are going to need someplace to store all that code. Enter GitHub…”
2) NLR provides an overview of blockchain and its importance, including The Linux Foundation’s Hyperledger Project.
Beyond Bitcoin: The Potential of Distributed Ledger Technology (Part 1) – The National Law Review
3) Orange to be the first network operator to test AT&T’s ECOMP network management and orchestration platform.
Orange First to Test AT&T’s ECOMP– Light Reading
4) “Microsoft has been focused on open sourcing software for at least a decade, but it has rapidly increased this work in recent years.”
Microsoft Really Does Love Linux– The Verge
5) Vim 8 has been released.
Latest posts by Linux Foundation (see all)
- Top 10 Reasons to Attend Open Networking Summit NA - March 15, 2018
- Speak at Automotive Linux Summit & OS Summit Japan — 4 Days Left to Submit a Proposal - March 14, 2018
- The Linux Foundation Welcomes Sound Open Firmware Project - March 14, 2018