This week in Linux and OSS news, Steven J. Vaughn-Nichols explains why Linux is forcing Windows to up its gaming game, blockchain is especially important in the current sociopolitical climate, and more! Read on to keep on top of the most important tech stories.
1) Linux can take some credit for improving Windows gaming, writes Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols
2) The Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation to begin using The Linux Foundation’s Hyperledger Project.
3) It’s the “impact of blockchain on […] finance and business that’s fostering innovation and opportunities for her company and clients.”
Why IBM CEO Ginni Rometty Believes in Blockchain– brandchannel
4) A hacker has published an open source tool for helping admins strengthen their network security.
5) “Microsoft’s Windows Subsystem for Linux is evolving into a credible alternative to running Linux inside Windows on VMs.”
Latest posts by Linux Foundation (see all)
- Keynotes Announced for Automotive Linux Summit & OS Summit Japan - April 19, 2018
- Capital One: Open Source in a Regulated Environment - April 16, 2018
- Speak at Open Source Summit NA: Submit Your Proposal by April 29 - April 16, 2018