This week in Linux and open source news, The Linux Foundation’s ever-popular “Intro to Linux” MOOC is selected as one of the top courses of 2017, Cloud Foundry gains new Gold Member in Microsoft, and more! Read on and stay in the open source know!
1) Linux Foundation Training’s “Intro to Linux” edX course picked as one of TechRadar’s top Linux training providers, 2017.
The Best Linux Training Providers 2017– TechRadar
2) Cloud Foundry announces new Microsoft membership, giving the former as the opportunity to offer an executive candidate for one of two gold seats on the Cloud Foundry board of directors.
3) A new strain called Linux.MulDrop.14 is infecting Raspberry Pi devices, allowing attackers to take advantage of poor security to “generate money from nothing.”
4) “Munich’s Green Party says the recent WannaCry ransomware attacks on Windows machines worldwide highlight the danger of the city abandoning its Linux-based OS.”
5) While enterprises continue the positive shift towards open source, management efficacy and security isn’t keeping pace.
Latest posts by Linux Foundation (see all)
- Submit a Proposal to Speak at Open Source Summit NA by April 29 - March 22, 2018
- LF Networking and OCP Partner to Jointly Enable SDN and NFV Transformation - March 20, 2018
- Top 10 Reasons to Attend Open Networking Summit NA - March 15, 2018