- This event has passed.
Webinar: How the OPNFV Verification Program (OVP) Can Boost VNF Interoperability
October 22, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
With the rise of SDN and NFV technologies and the network transformation underway on the path toward 5G, network operators are increasingly turning to the virtual network functions (VNF) ecosystem to provide virtualization solutions for their networks. But a lack of interoperability between commercial products and underlying infrastructure is increasing costs and timelines for end users and slowing adoption rates.
To address this challenge the open source community under the LF Networking umbrella of projects launched the OPNFV Verification Program (OVP) in 2018 — an open source, community-led compliance and verification program to demonstrate the readiness and availability of commercial NFV products and services using OPNFV and ONAP components for NFVi and VNFs.
In this webinar key community members will give a brief overview of the underlying technologies and initiatives (OPNFV, ONAP, CNTT), review the OPNFV Verification Program (OVP), describe the benefits of participation, and detail how VNF vendors can get involved. Attendees will also be invited to continue the journey with onboarding/pre-testing of VNFs and be invited to the next LFN DDF + Plugfest (January, location TBD).
- Amar Kapadia, Co-Founder, Aarna Networks
- Lincoln Lavoie, Senior Engineer, University of New Hampshire Interoperability Laboratory
- Rabi Abdel, Lead NFV & SDN Architect, Vodafone Group
This webinar will cover:
- Get an introduction to open source testing and verification with the OPNFV Verification Program (OVP), including the underlying technologies (OPNFV, ONAP), and the Common NFVi Telco Task Force (CNTT) initiative.
- Understand the many benefits of participation in community-driven compliance and verification from both the vendor and operator perspectives.
- Learn how to access OVP resources, prepare for VNF onboarding, and the hacking plan for VNF vendors at the next LFN DDF + Plugfest