Public Q&A sessions Seeking Community Input to be Held at Node+JS Interactive in Vancouver, Canada, Oct. 10-12
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 4, 2018— The Node.js FoundationandJS Foundation today announced an intent to merge. A Q&A session will be held onsite at Node+JS Interactive from 7:30am – 8:30am PT, October 10 at West Ballroom A. Anyone attending Node+JS Interactiveis welcome to attend; questions can be submitted in advance anonymously via this Google Form or by email at email@example.com.
Leaders from the Node.js Foundation Board of Directors, Technical Steering Committee and Community Committee will join representatives from the JS Foundation Board of Directors and Technical Advisory Committee to facilitate the discussion, answer questions and solicit community input on the possible structure of a new Foundation. Joining forces will not change the technical independence or autonomy for Node.js or any of the 28 JS Foundation projects such as Appium, ESLint, or jQuery.
Additional goals for a merger include:
- Enhanced operational excellence;
- Streamlined member engagement;
“The possibility of a combined Foundation and the synergistic enhancements this can bring to end users is exciting,” said Todd Moore, Node.js Board Chairperson and IBM VP Opentech. “Our ecosystem can only grow stronger and the Foundations ability to support the contributors to the many great projects involved improve as a result.”
Latest posts by The Linux Foundation (see all)
- The TARS Foundation: The Formation of a Microservices Ecosystem - March 10, 2020
- The Linux Foundation Open Sources Hardware of Disaster Relief Project that Won First Call for Code Global Challenge Led by IBM - March 10, 2020
- Linux Foundation, LF Networking, and LF Edge Announce Keynote Speakers for Open Networking & Edge Summit North America 2020 - February 21, 2020