SAN FRANCISCO – February 27, 2018 – The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, announced the addition of 36 Silver members and six Associate members. Linux Foundation members help support development of the greatest shared technology resources in history, while accelerating their own innovation through open source leadership and participation.
“Our members are the lifeblood of The Linux Foundation, and we could not have the impact we do without the support and participation of organizations like these,” said Jim Zemlin, executive director, The Linux Foundation. “Open source is intrinsically a community effort, so I am pleased to welcome so many new Silver and Associate members and look forward to ongoing collaboration with them and the broader community.”
In addition to joining the Foundation, many of these new members have joined Linux Foundation projects like Automotive Grade Linux, Cloud Native Computing Foundation, EdgeX Foundry, Hyperledger, LF Networking, Open API Initiative, OpenHPC and more. For a full list of members, visit https://www.linuxfoundation.org/membership/members/.
Linux Foundation Silver members are organizations that contribute to or otherwise support open source communities and projects.
January’s new Linux Foundation Silver members are:
- 2 Twelve Solutions empowers customers with a simple, yet powerful end-to-end engineering lab prototyping capability.
- 8common creates travel and expense management, employee engagement and real estate marketing solutions.
- Acumatica develops enterprise resource planning software designed to improve productivity of small and medium-sized businesses.
- ADTRAN is a leading global provider of networking and communications equipment.
- Aptira is a leading cloud services provider, specializing in hybrid and managed solutions, consultancy, development, training, support, OpenStack and ONAP.
- ArcBlock is a platform and an ecosystem for building and deploying decentralized blockchain applications.
- Arista Networks delivers software-driven cloud networking solutions for large data center storage and computing environments.
- Blockchain Training Alliance provides blockchain training and certification worldwide.
- Bright Computing provides software solutions for deploying and managing HPC and big data clusters, and OpenStack in the data center and in the cloud.
- Capsule8 offers cloud-native security for containers, microservices and Linux infrastructures.
- Cloud 66 simplifies DevOps with a service to build, deploy and manage apps on an organization’s own servers.
- Data Deposit Box backs up PCs, Macs and mobile devices into one account.
- Dealer Market Exchange is innovating the industry’s first business-intelligent market platform for dealerships, industry vendors, car manufacturers, and consumers to engage and conduct business.
- Enigmedia ensures IoT data ownership through data access, control and traceability management.
- Filament helps maximize the potential of connected devices to enable the future of IoT.
- Gremlin provides a full suite of tools to safely and securely run chaos experiments in production.
- Hainan eKing Technology Co. provides cloud computing and big data solutions to industries including government, finance, aviation and tourism.
- Indee Labs is developing microfluidic vortex shedding hardware for gene delivery.
- Inocybe Technologies accelerates the adoption of automated and intelligent networking for enterprises and service providers based on OpenDaylight and other projects like FD.io, PNDA and ONAP.
- Inspur is one of the largest global datacenter and cloud computing solutions providers in the world.
- IVIS provides automotive solutions for infotainment and navigation software.
- Kontron offers a combined portfolio of secure hardware, middleware and services for IoT and Industry 4.0 applications.
- Krypc enables IT leaders to accelerate their company’s blockchain adoption in a short time.
- Lumina Networks offers a pure-play, open source software-defined network controller powered by OpenDaylight.
- Netscout offers cloud, application and network performance management, cyber security, ddos, and advanced threat products and solutions.
- Nexiot is built on over 10 years of research in complex systems, big data algorithms and ultra low-power embedded technology to offer a communication solution with operations and sensors fully integrated.
- Openmake Software builds scalable Agile DevOps solutions that solve continuous delivery problems.
- Paragon Software provides storage and file system management, data safety and disaster recovery for home and business users, IT professionals and OEM providers.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers focuses on audit and assurance, tax and consulting services to help resolve complex issues and identify opportunities.
- Private Internet Access offers fast, multi-gigabit VPN Tunnel gateways.
- RiseML is a deep learning platform for Kubernetes, simplifying running deep learning experiments on bare metal and cloud GPU clusters of any size.
- SequoiaDB is an enterprise NewSQL database for big data applications.
- SES Networks enables high-performance communications virtually anywhere.
- Tata Communications is a global provider of telecommunications solutions and services.
- Vasona Networks enables network transformation from the mobile edge for operators globally.
- VitalHub develops mission-critical blockchain, mobile and web-based software solutions for the mental health and long term care sectors.
Associate members of The Linux Foundation include of government agencies and not-for-profit organizations that have demonstrated a commitment to building, sustaining and using open source technologies.
The following organizations are new Linux Foundation Associate members:
- Compute Canada leads the acceleration of research and innovation by deploying state-of-the-art advanced research computing systems, storage and software solutions.
- Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania formulates and implements a policy of public finance in order to ensure the country‘s macroeconomic stability and economic development..
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory is the only federal laboratory dedicated to research, development, commercialization, and deployment of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies.
- Share-IT.io is Station F’s Tech for Good acceleration program, driven by entrepreneurs convinced that technology is the most powerful vehicle for changing the world.
- Sollers College provides education, applied skills and opportunities to meet the growing demands of healthcare, life sciences and data sciences fields.
- Vilnius Gediminas Technical University is a public university in Lithuania.
With the support of its members, The Linux Foundation hosts open source projects across technologies including networking, security, cloud, blockchain and more. This collaborative development model is helping technology advance at a rapid pace in a way that benefits individuals and organizations around the world.
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world’s top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and industry adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. Founded in 2000, The Linux Foundation today provides tools, training and events to scale any open source project, which together deliver an economic impact not achievable by any one company. More information can be found at www.linuxfoundation.org.
# # #
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
Latest posts by The Linux Foundation (see all)
- Akraino Edge Stack Enables Connected Car, AR/VR, AI Edge, and Telco Access Edge Application Use Cases - January 16, 2020
- Uber Announces OpenChain Conformance - December 16, 2019
- The Linux Foundation’s Automated Compliance Work Garners New Funding, Advances Tools Development - December 12, 2019