The schedule will feature keynotes and sessions from leading open source technologists including:
- Alex Grigoryan, Head of Engineering for the Online Grocery and Application Platform team, WalmartLabs keynote on contrasting two approaches to tech transformation
- Teri Chadbourne, Developer Advocate, IBM, presents on the Offline First approach to web development
- Myles Borins, Developer Advocate, Google, discusses inconsistencies between ES Modules and Common.js and how the Node.js Project is addressing and reconciling the problem
- Antoinette Janus, Software Engineer, PBS Kids, talks about bridging the gap between designer and developer in contemporary web trends and topics
- Nara Kasbergen, Software Engineer, NPR, outlines building voice-based apps with Node.js
- Jamund Ferguson, JS Architect, PayPal, shares best practices for debugging Node.js in production
- Ipsha Bhidonia, Tech Speaker, Mozilla, discusses service workers and how to start developing progressive web applications
- Kazuhito Yokoi, Researcher, Hitachi, presents on different tooling around Node-RED
Along with keynotes and panels, JS Interactive will host several workshops during the conference. Workshops include:
- “An Introduction to Web Components and Polymer,” John Riviello, Distinguished Engineer and Chris Lorenzo, Distinguished Engineer, Comcast
- “Master Serverless with JS Foundation Architect,” Brian LeRoux, CTO, Begin
- “A New Way to Profile Asnc Activity in Node.js,” Mathias Buus, Open Source Developer, nearForm
- “Reading the Repo: A Workshop on Clear, Effective Communication Techniques,” Jory Burson, COO, Bocoup
- “Vue.js Vixens Workshop,” Jen Looper, Senior Developer Advocate, Progress
Join the conference on social by following our hashtag #jsinteractive.
Registration, Accommodations and Travel to the Venue
Register hereby July 20 to save up to $549USDon registration. Hotel room rate discounts are available here. Book early to secure a spot and receive the discounted rates. Flight discounts are also available with Air Canada and Delta, more on how to secure a discount here.
JS Interactive Diversity Scholarship
JS Interactive is awarding a few scholarships based on a combination of need and impact. The scholarship includes a conference pass, coach airfare and hotel accommodation for three nights. For eligibility and how to apply click here. All submissions are due by July 6.
Latest posts by The Linux Foundation (see all)
- Akraino Edge Stack Moves into Execution with Project Governance Formation and Ecosystem Growth - August 20, 2018
- See Who Is Attending! Last Chance to Attend Open Source Summit - August 20, 2018
- Automotive Grade Linux Extends Global Reach with Six New Members - August 16, 2018