New event hosted by The Linux Foundation brings together leaders in open source technology and the financial services industry
SAN FRANCISCO, August 23, 2018 – The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, today announced the agenda of sessions and speakers for Open FinTech Forum, taking place October 10-11 in New York.
Featured sessions include:
- Enterprise Blockchain Adoption – Trends and Predictions – Saurabh Gupta, HfS Research
- Build Intelligent Applications with Azure Cognitive Service and CNTK – Bhakthi Liyanage, Bank of America
- Why Two Sigma Contributes to Open Source – Julia Meinwald, Two Sigma
- Real-World Kubernetes Use Cases in Financial Services: Lessons learned from Capital One, BlackRock and Bloomberg – Jeffrey Odom, Capital One; Michael Francis, BlackRock; Kevin Fleming, Bloomberg; Paris Pittman, Google; and Ron Miller, TechCrunch
- Smart Money Bets on Open Source Adoption in AI/ML Fintech Applications – Laila Paszti, GTC Law Group P.C.
- Three Cs to an Open Source Program Office – Justin Rackliffe, Fidelity Investments
- Distributed Ledger Technology Deployments & Use Cases in Financial Services – Hanna Zubko, IntellectEU; Jesse Chenard, MonetaGo; Umar Farooq, JP Morgan; Julio Faura, Santander Bank; and Robert Hackett, Fortune
Updated keynotes include:
- AI in the Real World: Today and Tomorrow – Hilary Mason, Cloudera
- Adapting Kubernetes for Machine Learning Workflows – Ania Musial and Keith Laban, Bloomberg
The full agenda is available here.
Focusing on the intersection of financial services and open source, Open FinTech Forum will provide CIOs and senior technologists guidance on building internal open source programs as well as an in-depth look at cutting-edge open source technologies, including AI, blockchain/distributed ledger and Kubernetes/containers, which drive efficiencies and flexibility.
Registration is $995 for both days of the event. Those wishing to only attend the first day, consisting of keynotes along with a series of tutorials and working discussions around containers, cloud native, blockchain, establishing an open source program office, using open source, complying with open source licenses and contributing to open source may do so for $449. Registration for only the second day, which includes technical tracks and keynotes, is $649. Additional academic, non-profit and CIO discounts are available as well; details are available on the event registration page.
The Linux Foundation events are where the world’s leading technologists meet, collaborate, learn and network in order to advance innovations that support the world’s largest shared technologies.
Members of the press who would like to request a press pass to attend should contact Dan Brown at email@example.com.
Open FinTech Forum is made possible thanks to sponsors Black Duck by Synopsys, Cloud Native Computing Foundation, GitLab and Sensu.
YouTube: Why Attend Linux Foundation Events (https://youtu.be/X_rLxfmLlYY)
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world’s top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and industry adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. Founded in 2000, The Linux Foundation today provides tools, training and events to scale any open source project, which together deliver an economic impact not achievable by any one company. More information can be found at www.linuxfoundation.org.
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage.
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
# # #
Latest posts by The Linux Foundation (see all)
- The Linux Foundation Announces Intent to Form NewFoundation to Support osquery Community - June 18, 2019
- Introducing Tungsten Fabric 5.1: Security, Feature, and Performance Enhancements for Network Operators & Developers - June 12, 2019
- Akraino Edge Stack Issues Premier Release, Sets Framework toEnable 5G, IoT Edge Application Ecosystem - June 6, 2019