First time event to encourage collaboration between leaders in open source technology and the financial services industry
SAN FRANCISCO, August 9, 2018 – The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, today announced the keynote speakers for Open FinTech Forum, taking place October 10-11 in New York.
Focusing on the intersection of financial services and open source, Open FinTech Forum will provide CIOs and senior technologists guidance on building internal open source programs as well as an in-depth look at cutting-edge open source technologies, including AI, blockchain/distributed ledger, Kubernetes/containers and quantum computing, which all can be leveraged to drive efficiencies and flexibility.
Keynote speakers include:
- Brian Behlendorf, Executive Director, Hyperledger
- Sally Eaves, Chief Technology Officer, Strategic Adviser and Member of the Forbes Technology Council
- Yuri Litvinovich, Senior Cloud Engineer, Scotiabank
- Hilary Mason, General Manager of Machine Learning, Cloudera
- Rob Palatnick, Managing Director and Chief Technology Architect, DTCC
- Bob Sutor, Vice President for IBM Q Strategy and Ecosystem, IBM Research
The full event agenda will be announced on August 23rd.
Registration is $995 for both days of the event. Those wishing to only attend the first day, which consists of an open source strategy workshop, keynotes, and 4 tutorials covering containers, cloud native, blockchain and security, may do so for $449. Registration for only the second day, which includes technical tracks and keynotes, is $649. Additional academic, non-profit and CIO discounts are available as well; details are available on the event registration page.
The Linux Foundation events are where the world’s leading technologists meet, collaborate, learn and network in order to advance innovations that support the world’s largest shared technologies.
Members of the press who would like to request a press pass to attend should contact Dan Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open FinTech Forum is made possible thanks to sponsors Black Duck by Synopsys, Cloud Native Computing Foundation, GitLab and Sensu.
YouTube: Why Attend Linux Foundation Events (https://youtu.be/X_rLxfmLlYY)
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world’s top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and industry adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. Founded in 2000, The Linux Foundation today provides tools, training and events to scale any open source project, which together deliver an economic impact not achievable by any one company. More information can be found at www.linuxfoundation.org.
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage.
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
# # #
Latest posts by The Linux Foundation (see all)
- Linux Foundation Brings the Year to a Close with 21 New Members Making the Commitment to Open Source - December 12, 2018
- Hyperledger Adds Alibaba Cloud, Citi, Deutsche Telekom, we.trade and 12 more New Members at Hyperledger Global Forum - December 11, 2018
- Inaugural Hyperledger Global Forum Showcases Strong Community Momentum - December 11, 2018