OPEN SOURCE LEADERSHIP SUMMIT, Half Moon Bay, Calif. — March 12, 2019 — The Node.js Foundation and the JS Foundation today announced they are merging to form the OpenJS Foundation.
The merger process started six months ago, and included consensus gathering from the community as well as close collaboration with the Linux Foundation and the governing boards of the Node.js Foundation and the JS Foundation. Today’s announcement celebrates a turning point in this process as the new governance structure is now in place and the community will start operating under the OpenJS Foundation.
- Follow OpenJS Foundation on Twitter
- Join the Bootstrap Team – to participate and follow progress the community governance process
- Submit a Project
About OpenJS Foundation
Node.js Foundation is a licensed mark of Node.js Foundation. Node.js is a trademark of Joyent, Inc. and is used with its permission. JS Foundation is a registered trademark of the JS Foundation.
- The one-millionth commit: The search for the lucky Linux kernel contributor - September 30, 2020
- Google Cloud Joins Linux Foundation Networking at Platinum Level - September 28, 2020
- Software-defined vertical industries: transformation through open source - September 24, 2020