Wealth of Opportunities for Skilled Open Source Professionals
Developed in partnership with Dice, we share the latest trends in open source careers, which skills are in demand, what motivates open source job seekers, and how employers can attract and retain top talent.
- Hiring open source talent is a priority for 83% of hiring managers, an increase from 76% in 2017.
- Linux is back on top as the most in-demand open source skill category, making it required knowledge for most entry-level open source careers.
- Containers are rapidly growing in popularity and importance, with 57% of hiring managers seeking that expertise, up from only 27% last year.
- There’s a gulf between the views of hiring managers and IT pros on the effectiveness of efforts to improve diversity in the industry.
- Hiring managers are moving away from hiring outside consultants, and opting to train existing employees on new open source technologies and help them gain certifications.
Share your learnings and comments on the Open Source Jobs Report by using the hashtag #OSSJobs.