SAN FRANCISCO – November 1, 2017 – The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, announced that 20 new organizations have joined the Foundation as Silver members. Linux Foundation members help support development of the greatest shared technology resources in history, while accelerating their own innovation through open source leadership and participation.
“The newest Silver members of The Linux Foundation represent leading organizations in consulting services, telecommunications, knowledge sharing, finance and more,” said Jim Zemlin, executive director, The Linux Foundation. “We are excited that they have made a commitment to supporting open source, and welcome the contributions their expertise and experience will bring to the community.”
In addition to joining the Foundation, many of these new members have joined Linux Foundation projects such as Automotive Grade Linux (AGL), Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF), Hyperledger Project and Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP). For a full list of members, visit https://www.linuxfoundation.org/members/corporate.
New members include:
- Alauda, with its container-centric enterprise Platform-as-a-Service offerings, empowers professionals in software and IT with a razor focus on delivering cloud native capabilities and DevOps best practices to enterprise customers across industries.
- Booz Allen Hamilton is a global firm of 22,600 diverse, passionate, and exceptional people driven to excel, do right, and realize positive change in everything they do.
- China Unicom is a Chinese state-owned telecommunications operator of China.
- Cloudvisory provides centralized management of cloud native security controls – delivering real-time visibility, intelligent micro-segmentation, security policy orchestration and continuous compliance enforcement for Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, OpenStack, VMware and bare metal environments.
- Codefresh is a CI/CD platform built for containers which allows you to manage and automate the lifecycle of Docker apps: Build, Test, Deploy & Collaborate.
- Cognition Foundry makes enterprise class IT accessible to startups.
- DLT Labs is a global group of blockchain experts and dedicated business professionals committed to accelerating the implementation of blockchain solutions.
- Equinix connects the world’s leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers.
- Fiberdyne Systems provides an OEM design and manufacturing service for automotive and home audio products.
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange is a stock exchange based in Gibraltar.
- Gravitational, Inc. offers tools to manage distributed applications across multiple hosting regions, including on-premise clouds.
- Kernkonzept develops the open-source L4Re operating system and hypervisor for security/safety-critical and virtualization-enabled applications.
- Majid Al Futtaim Holding is the corporate center representing the shareholders’ interests across the portfolio of the companies that operate diverse lifestyle and destination brands.
- Medicalchain uses blockchain technology to securely store health records and maintain a single version of the truth.
- Nuance Communications is a leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world.
- Splunk provides a leading platform for Operational Intelligence to search, monitor, analyze and visualize machine data.
- TradeShift is an open platform that powers SMB to enterprise with solutions for procurement, spend management and business travel.
- Turkcell is a leading mobile phone operator in Turkey.
- Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit organization that supports Wikipedia and its mission of free knowledge for all.
- ZTEsoft is a leading provider of telecom software, solutions and services, specializing in providing comprehensive BSS/OSS, Big Data and managed service solutions to global operators of wireless, wireline and broadband cable services.
With the support of its members, The Linux Foundation hosts open source projects across technologies including networking, security, cloud, blockchain and more. This collaborative development model is helping technology advance at a rapid pace in a way that benefits individuals and organizations around the world.
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world’s top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. Founded in 2000, The Linux Foundation today provides tools, training and events to scale any open source project, which together deliver an economic impact not achievable by any one company. More information can be found at www.linuxfoundation.org.
# # #
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.