LF Research Opens Call for Sponsors & Partners for World of Open Source Global Spotlight 2023 Survey
The Linux Foundation | 22 March 2023
Linux Foundation Research is calling for sponsors and partners for a new research study on open source trends and opportunities on a global scale. Following the success of the 2022 Europe Spotlight survey and report, the Global Spotlight 2023 project will greatly expand our view of open source participation in different regions, with valuable insight to better understand and support open source participation around the world.
The 2023 survey will generate insights into regional open source trends, including:
- The scope of open source programs across organizations and industries
- Opportunities and challenges in private and public sector engagement in open source
- The value proposition of open source
- The leading open source technologies and best practices
The target sample for this survey is open source contributors and developers who have an understanding of the role of open source software in their organization or within a given industry. The research is relevant to decision makers from all functions and sectors, including managers, executives, policy makers, and others involved in open source initiatives.
The results of this survey will help us identify regional trends and opportunities, and will facilitate the development of this year’s Europe Spotlight, Japan Spotlight, and other region-specific reports.
🌐 Become a sponsor or partner in this research!
Research provides our communities with valuable data and is a great opportunity to engage with, and hear from, the open source community at large. This year, we are seeking support from organizations and open source projects in our efforts in order to achieve broad survey distribution, generate survey completes, and maximize the impact of this research.
Sponsors who financially support this research receive:
- Top tier branding in the survey announcement and deliverables,
- Early access to the survey findings and an opportunity to suggest data segmentation
- Unique survey data collector link
Partners who share the survey to their networks through main communications channels receive:
- Branding recognition in the survey announcement and deliverables
- Early access to the survey findings
To participate, please contact Anna at email@example.com.
- March 2023: kick-off and survey development
- April 2023: survey in field
- June-July 2023: data analysis
- July 2023: report drafting
- August 2023: report production
- September through December 2023: regional report publications
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the world’s leading home for collaboration on open source software, hardware, standards, and data. Linux Foundation projects are critical to the world’s infrastructure including Linux, Kubernetes, Node.js, ONAP, PyTorch, RISC-V, SPDX, OpenChain, and more. The Linux Foundation focuses on leveraging best practices and addressing the needs of contributors, users, and solution providers to create sustainable models for open collaboration. For more information, please visit us at linuxfoundation.org. The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see its trademark usage page: www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.