34 New Members Join The Linux Foundation and Invest in Open Source
The Linux Foundation | 25 February 2019
SAN FRANCISCO – February 25, 2019 – The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, announced the addition of 29 Silver members and 5 Associate members. Linux Foundation members help support development of shared technology resources, while accelerating their own innovation through open source leadership and participation in some of the world’s most successful open source projects including Hyperledger, Kubernetes, Linux, Node.js and ONAP. Linux Foundation member contributions help provide the infrastructure and resources that enable the world’s largest open collaboration communities.
Through 2018, on average, a new organization joined the Linux Foundation every day.
“We are extremely excited to see 34 more companies make the commitment to open source by joining the Linux Foundation,” said Jim Zemlin, executive director, the Linux Foundation. “These organizations, which represent a huge range of industries from around the globe, will contribute valuable resources and knowledge to an already expansive open source ecosystem.”
In addition to joining the Linux Foundation, many of the new members have joined projects such as Automotive Grade Linux, the Ceph Foundation, the Cloud Native Computing Foundation, Hyperledger, LF Edge and Zephyr. For a full list of members, visit https://www.linuxfoundation.org/membership/members/.
Linux Foundation Silver members contribute to or otherwise support open source communities and projects. New Linux Foundation Silver members who joined recently are:
- anynines GmbH provides Cloud Foundry consulting, training, development and PCF and OS CF operations.
- Beijing T2Cloud Technology Co., LTD develops cloud platform products for IT infrastructure assessment, implementation, operation, and maintenance services.
- Blockstream is the global leader in Bitcoin and blockchain technology and our products and services form the foundations for the financial infrastructure of the future.
- Chainbelow Inc is a not-for-stock, not-for-profit software startup corporation with several open source projects.
- Chaincode Labs exists to support and develop Bitcoin and other peer-to-peer decentralized systems.
- ControlPlane allows you to build configuration profiles, contexts in ControlPlane lingo, for your Mac based on where you are or what you are doing.
- Crave.io creates infrastructure for Software and Chip design engineers.
- Dianomic simplifies IoT application and system development with a ubiquitous open source platform.
- Exactpro Systems Limited specializes in quality assurance services and related software development with focus on test automation for securities data distribution, trading systems, risk management, market surveillance and post-trade infrastructures.
- Flant designs, deploys, and maintains fault-tolerant, highly scalable infrastructure, typically based on Kubernetes, Linux and other Open Source gems.
- HP Inc. vision is to create technology that makes life better for everyone and every community around the globe.
- iNNOVO Cloud Gmbh stands for virtual private cloud solutions with modular selectable components and service components in the modular system.
- ITMS Technologies (Beijing) Co. provides a full range of training services to clients in Greater China.
- Keysight Technologies is the world’s leading electronic, measurement company, transforming today’s measurement experience through innovations in wireless, modular, and software solutions.
- KUKA Deutshland GmbH is one of the leading suppliers of intelligent automation solutions.
- LeanIX GmbH boosts companies’ growth and enables digital transformation by establishing a SaaS-based information hub for their IT architecture.
- Mainflux is an open-source IoT cloud platform for the development IoT solutions, IoT applications and intelligent products.
- MobiledgeX is creating a marketplace of edge resources and services that will connect developers with the world’s largest mobile networks to power the next generation of applications and devices.
- Myndshft Technologies solves real-world, complex business problems through the pragmatic application of process automation, artificial intelligence, and blockchain technologies.
- OSIsoft delivers an open enterprise infrastructure to connect sensor-based data, systems and people.
- Pluribus Networks specializes in network virtualization for private and public cloud datacenters.
- Pure Storage provides enterprise, all-flash data storage solutions that deliver data-centric architecture to accelerate your business for a competitive advantage.
- SAIC integrates multiple disciplines to provide their customers with resilient solutions that accommodate rapid improvements in technology
- Section.io is the only website performance, scalability, and security platform which gives developers the control they need to achieve unmatched website speed and reliability.
- SkySilk Cloud Services offers simple, scalable, and customizable cloud computing resources for any developer or business.
- STMicroelectronics: ST is a global semiconductor leader delivering intelligent and energy-efficient products and solutions that power the electronics at the heart of everyday life. ST’s products are found everywhere today, and together with our customers, we are enabling smarter driving and smarter factories, cities and homes, along with the next generation of mobile and Internet of Things devices.
- Storj Labs provides decentralized cloud object storage that is affordable, easy to use, private, and secure.
- VA Linux Systems Japan K.K. provides Linux based solutions and consultancy services such as fault and performance analysis, individually tailored kernel development, and consulting services.
- Vapor IO provides the industry’s first infrastructure edge computing solution. The Kinetic Edge enables new and innovative edge-driven applications at unprecedented levels of performance.
Associate members of the Linux Foundation include government agencies and not-for-profit organizations that have demonstrated a commitment to building, sustaining, and using open source technologies. The following organizations are new Linux Foundation Associate members:
- Automotive Edge Computing Consortium focuses on increasing network and computing capacity to accommodate automotive big data smartly between vehicles and the cloud using edge computing and more efficient system design.
- Infrastructure Masons provides infrastructure executives and technical professionals an independent forum to connect, grow and give back.
- Iowa State U of Science and Technology is a public university where students learn from world-class scholars who are tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges – feeding the hungry, finding alternative fuels and advancing manufacturing.
- LTSI is an ecosystem-wide collaborative project to create and maintain long-term sustainable kernel for the industry that contains additional features such as cutting edge device support as well as security and bug fix patch available in community long-term maintenance kernel.
- U of Wolverhampton offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, teaching informed by world-leading research, strong business links, and state-of-the-art facilities
With the support of its members, the Linux Foundation hosts open source projects across technologies including networking (ONAP, OPNFV and more), security (Core Infrastructure Initiative), cloud (Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes and more), blockchain (Hyperledger) and more. This collaborative development model is helping technology rapidly advance in a way that benefits individuals and organizations around the world.
Note – The Linux Foundation releases a look back list of new members joining the organization every month.
About The Linux Foundation
Founded in 2000, the Linux Foundation is supported by more than 1,000 members and is the world’s leading home for collaboration on open source software, open standards, open data, and open hardware. Linux Foundation’s projects are critical to the world’s infrastructure including Linux, Kubernetes, Node.js, and more. The Linux Foundation’s methodology focuses on leveraging best practices and addressing the needs of contributors, users and solution providers to create sustainable models for open collaboration. For more information, please visit us at linuxfoundation.org.
# # #
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the world’s leading home for collaboration on open source software, hardware, standards, and data. Linux Foundation projects are critical to the world’s infrastructure including Linux, Kubernetes, Node.js, ONAP, PyTorch, RISC-V, SPDX, OpenChain, and more. The Linux Foundation focuses on leveraging best practices and addressing the needs of contributors, users, and solution providers to create sustainable models for open collaboration. For more information, please visit us at linuxfoundation.org. The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see its trademark usage page: www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.