The Linux Foundation Announces 21 New Silver Members
The Linux Foundation | 18 December 2017
SAN FRANCISCO – December 18, 2017 – The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, announced the addition of 21 Silver members. Linux Foundation members help support development of the greatest shared technology resources in history, while accelerating their own innovation through open source leadership and participation.
“There has been fantastic momentum in open source this year, and our newest Silver members reflect that,” said Jim Zemlin, executive director, The Linux Foundation. “These organizations will contribute resources and knowledge to supporting a vibrant, global open source community. The consistent growth in Linux Foundation membership is an indicator of the health of the projects we host and of growing interest from across industries and geographies in open source.”
In addition to joining the Foundation, many of these new members have joined Linux Foundation projects like Cloud Native Computing Foundation, EdgeX Foundry, Hyperledger, ONAP and more. For a full list of members, visit https://www.linuxfoundation.org/members/corporate.
November’s new members:
- AppsCode – which enables anyone to provision Kubernetes clusters on any cloud provider – builds various open source cloud native tools and participates in the Kubernetes development process to have a voice in its future development.
- ARCUS Global, Inc. is a bold new company created to reinvent the video monitoring industry with solutions that better optimize business decisions as well as make the world a safer place.
- Centra Tech offers blockchain products to store and spend digital assets.
- Datadog is a SaaS-based monitoring and analytics platform for large-scale applications and infrastructure.
- Embleema combines Blockchain with HIPAA-compliant cloud solutions and interoperability standards such as HL7 to provide patients a trustworthy and comprehensive view of their medical history across care centers.
- F5 makes apps go faster, smarter and safer for the world’s largest businesses, service providers, governments and consumer brands.
- Grafana Labs is the company behind Grafana – the leading open source software for time series analytics, and offers an official, fully managed hosted Grafana stack with GrafanaCloud.
- GXChain is a company dedicated to the innovation of blockchain technology.
- Hangzhou Langhe Technology Co. Ltd. (Netease) develops and operates some of China’s most popular PC-client and mobile games, advertising services, email services and e-commerce platforms.
- HCL Technologies delivers innovative technology solutions built around digital, IoT, cloud, automation, cybersecurity, analytics, infrastructure management, and engineering services.
- Humio is limitless log management for developers and operations teams – unlocking the power of unlimited system data and logging everything to answer anything.
- Hyperloop One will move people and goods, and unlock unprecedented value for governments, businesses, and consumers.
- JFrog offers world-class infrastructure for software management and distribution.
- Kerlink provides reliable solutions for Internet of Things networks.
- LG Uplus strives to create meaningful changes in customers’ lives through Triple Play Service (TPS), a service that includes telecommunication service, ultra-high speed Internet, VolP, and IPTV Service, and through data service business.
- PetroBloq LLC – the first Blockchain based platform developed exclusively for the supply chain needs of the oil and sas sector.
- Schreder SA is an international lighting group, specializing in outdoor lighting, represented in 33-countries.
- Styra helps reconcile agility and security by providing an adaptive, context-aware, distributed authorization system for the modern cloud stack.
- Upbound produces the Promasys Software Suite HSEQ software, a flexible and scalable health, safety, and environment management software.
- Wise2C is one of China’s leading enterprise application-centric PaaS platform providers for the finance industry.
- YDreams Global works as a partner with companies and brands to reframe their strategy through relevant initiatives that integrate the digital experience with physical presence and space.
With the support of its members, The Linux Foundation hosts open source projects across technologies including networking, security, cloud, blockchain, and more. This collaborative development model is helping technology advance at a rapid pace in a way that benefits individuals and organizations around the world.
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world’s top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. Founded in 2000, The Linux Foundation today provides tools, training and events to scale any open source project, which together deliver an economic impact not achievable by any one company. More information can be found at www.linuxfoundation.org.
# # #
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
About The Linux Foundation
Founded in 2000, the Linux Foundation is supported by more than 1,000 members and is the world’s leading home for collaboration on open source software, open standards, open data, and open hardware. Linux Foundation’s projects are critical to the world’s infrastructure, including Linux, Kubernetes, Node.js, and more. The Linux Foundation’s methodology focuses on leveraging best practices and addressing the needs of contributors, users, and solution providers to create sustainable models for open collaboration. For more information, please visit us at linuxfoundation.org. The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see its trademark usage page: www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.