Linux Foundation Continues to See Increasing Commitments to Open Source With Twenty-Three New Members
The Linux Foundation | 29 November 2018
SAN FRANCISCO – November 29, 2018 – The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, announced the addition of 16 Silver members and 7 Associate members recently. Linux Foundation members help support development of shared technology resources, while accelerating their own innovation through open source leadership and participation in some of the world’s most successful open source projects including Hyperledger, Kubernetes, Linux, Node.js and ONAP.
Linux Foundation member contributions help provide the infrastructure and resources that enable the world’s largest open collaboration communities.
Since the start of 2018, on average a new organization has joined The Linux Foundation every day.
“The Linux Foundation offers a neutral space for open source development, which is speeding innovation across a wide range of industries from cloud to IoT and moviemaking to energy,” said Jim Zemlin, executive director, The Linux Foundation. “These new members understand that progress is made through collaboration. By investing in open source, they are benefiting their own organizations as well as the broader community.”
In addition to joining the Foundation, many of the new members have joined Linux Foundation projects such as Automotive Grade Linux, the Ceph Foundation, the Cloud Native Computing Foundation, EdgeX Foundry and LF Networking. For a full list of members, visit https://www.linuxfoundation.org/membership/members/.
Linux Foundation Silver members are organizations that contribute to or otherwise support open source communities and projects. The new Linux Foundation Silver members who joined are:
- Beijing Yuanding Technology Co., Ltd offers IT consulting services.
- Big Lake Software is an embedded software development team focused on helping their partners maximize their use of open source software to increase success.
- Cognomotiv is driving the future of safe and secure transportation.
- croit GmbH offers the perfect storage solution to meet any requirement.
- Cryptomove is a key vault and secrets management product that protects API keys, configs, and other app secrets with decentralization and moving target defense.
- Data Ahead has been developing and implementing hardware and software solutions for data management and for measurement and testing technology since 1999.
- Data Essential enables customers to build a new class of applications, leveraging big and fast data, and native cloud infrastructure.
- Nebulaworks supports transformation moonshots with the engineered adoption of DevOps, cloud, and open source.
- Oteemo is a consulting firm that delivers automation solutions.
- Pantheon Technologies is a research and development software company primarily focused on network technologies and prototype software.
- Rollbar provides real-time error alerting and debugging tools for developers.
- StackRox’s container security platform protects your applications across the entire container life cycle.
- Telstra is Australia’s leading provider of mobile phones, mobile devices, home phones and broadband internet.
- Tetrate.io allows you to run, manage, and scale microservices in any private or public clouds or across them.
- Walmart helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices.
- ZeroStack is a one-stop shop for cloud infrastructure that combines the consumption model of public cloud with the security that businesses need.
Associate members of The Linux Foundation include government agencies and not-for-profit organizations that have demonstrated a commitment to building, sustaining, and using open source technologies. The following organizations are new Linux Foundation Associate members:
- Boston University is a leading private research institution with two primary campuses in the heart of Boston and programs around the world.
- CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, is one of the world’s largest and most respected centers for scientific research.
- Federal University of Campina Grande (UFCG/Embedded Lab) is one of the leading technological and scientific production institutes of northeastern Brazil.
- GRNET (Greek Research and Technology Network) provides internet connectivity, high quality e-infrastructures and advanced services to the Greek Educational, Academic, and Research communities.
- Science & Technology Facilities Council (STFC) is a world-leading multi-disciplinary science organization, with a gola to deliver economic, societal, scientific and international benefits to the UK.
- UC Santa Cruz has earned national distinction as a university with high-impact research and an uncommon commitment to teaching and public service.
- UPES is a UGC-recognized and NAAC-accredited university which is committed to developing future leaders for diverse high-growth sectors in India and globally.
With the support of its members, The Linux Foundation hosts open source projects across technologies including networking (ONAP, OPNFV and more), security (Core Infrastructure Initiative), cloud (Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes and more), blockchain (Hyperledger) and more. This collaborative development model is helping technology advance at a rapid pace in a way that benefits individuals and organizations around the world.
Note – The Linux Foundation releases a look back list of new members joining the organizaton every month.
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world’s top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and industry adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. Founded in 2000, The Linux Foundation today provides tools, training and events to scale any open source project, which together deliver an economic impact not achievable by any one company. More information can be found at www.linuxfoundation.org.
# # #
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the world’s leading home for collaboration on open source software, hardware, standards, and data. Linux Foundation projects are critical to the world’s infrastructure including Linux, Kubernetes, Node.js, ONAP, PyTorch, RISC-V, SPDX, OpenChain, and more. The Linux Foundation focuses on leveraging best practices and addressing the needs of contributors, users, and solution providers to create sustainable models for open collaboration. For more information, please visit us at linuxfoundation.org. The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see its trademark usage page: www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.