New Keynote Speakers, Executive Business Leadership Track and Additional Events at LinuxCon + ContainerCon + CloudOpen China Announced
The Linux Foundation | 24 May 2018
New speakers include leading minds from Accenture, Alibaba, Baidu, China Mobile, Constellation Research, Didi, Huawei, IBM, Intel, Manulife, Microsoft, OFO, SUSE, Tencent and Xturing Biotechnology
SAN FRANCISCO and BEIJING, May 24, 2018 – LF Asia, LLC today announced additional keynote speakers, events, and the schedule for the Executive Business Leadership track at LinuxCon + ContainerCon + CloudOpen China (LC3), taking place June 25-27 in Beijing.
At LC3, attendees can expect to collaborate, share information and learn about the most important open source technologies and topics today, including cloud native, serverless, microservices, IoT, AI, networking, Linux and more; in addition to gaining insight into how to navigate and lead in the open source community.
Newly added keynote speakers include:
- Alan Clark, Director, CTO Office, SUSE
- Peixin Hou, Chief Architect of Open Software and Systems in the Central Software Institute, Huawei
- Sven Loberg, Managing Director within Accenture’s Emerging Technology practice with responsibility for Open Source and Software Innovation
- Tao Ma, Principal Engineer, Alibaba Cloud
- Imad Sousou, Corporate Vice President and General Manager, Open Source Technology Center, Intel
- Evan Xiao, Vice President, Strategy & Industry Development, Huawei
- Liu Xin, General Manager of Mobile Internet Group, Tencent
- Cloud Native Computing Panel Discussion hosted by Dan Kohn, Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation and featuring panelists Junjie Cai, Chief Architect of the Elastic Compute Service, Alibaba Cloud; Liu Hai Feng, Chief Architect, JD.com; Anni Lai, Open Source Strategy and Business Dev, Cloud BU, Huawei; Todd Moore, Vice President of Open Tech, IBM; Michelle Noorali, Senior Software Engineer, Microsoft; and Liu Xin, General Manager of Mobile Internet Group, Tencent
These join previously announced keynote speakers:
- Abby Kearns, Executive Director, Cloud Foundry Foundation
- Greg Kroah-Hartman, Linux Kernel Maintainer
- Michelle Noorali, Senior Software Engineer, Microsoft
- Linus Torvalds, Creator of Linux & Git, in conversation with Dirk Hohndel, VP & Chief Open Source Officer, VMware
- Jim Zemlin, Executive Director, The Linux Foundation
In addition to previously announced tracks, LC3 will feature a new Executive Business Leadership track on June 26, targeted at gathering executive business leaders across Chinese technology companies to collaborate, to share learnings, and to gain insights from industry leaders including:
- Dr. Feng Junlan, Director of the newly founded China Mobile Artificial Intelligence and Smart Operations R&D Center, will share insights on network intelligence, intelligent operations and China Mobile’s related strategic considerations and practice
- Chao Wang, CTO of Xturing Biotechnology will talk about building gene sequencing tools by using container technology
- R “Ray” Wang, head of Silicon Valley-based Constellation Research and best-selling author of the Harvard Business Review Press book, Disrupting Digital Business, will share practical guidance on how to jump-start growth with AI-driven smart services
- Chenyu Xue, M2M Director of OFO will discuss the sharing economy how OFO implements an open source spirit into its company philosophy
- Jonathan Le Lous, Director of DevOps at Manulife, will share on integrating DevOps and Open Source tooling inside a multinational insurance company.
- Deep Learning Panel Discussion, hosted by Jim Zemlin, Executive Director, The Linux Foundation and featuring panelists Peixin Hou, Chief Architect of Open Software and Systems, Huawei; Dr. Huan Jun, Head of Baidu Beijing Big Data Lab; Dr. Feng Junlan, Chief Scientist of the China Mobile Research Institute and the Director of the China Mobile Artificial Intelligence and Smart Operations R&D Center, China Mobile; Todd Moore, Vice President of Open Tech, IBM; Dr. Xu Ming Qiang, Partner Technology Director, Azure; Dr. Xiaolong Zhu, Senior AI Architect of Tencent and Member of LF Deep Learning TAC, Tencent
These sessions will take place following the morning keynote sessions including Sven Loberg, Accenture; Evan Xiao, Huawei; and the Cloud Native Panel Discussion.
The full agenda can be viewed here.
LC3 will also feature several co-located events, providing attendees with the opportunity to learn and experience even more:
- OpenChain Workshop – June 25, 8:00 – 12:00
- ARM Innovator Asia Tour – June 25, 18:00 – 21:00, Microsoft Garage Beijing
- DPDK China Summit – June 28, 8:00 – 17:00
- Tencent Workshop Series
- TARS: Open Source Microservice Architecture From Tencent – June 25, 13:20
- TARS Promoting the Open Source Community – June 25, 14:10
- The Way to the TARS Container – June 25, 15:00
- Some DevOps Practices on TARS – June 25, 15:50
- TSeer: The Tencent Open Source Nameservice Framework – June 25, 16:40
- Using TARS to Code in Golang – June 26, 13:20
- Using TARS to Code in Java – June 26, 14:10
- Using TARS to Code in PHP – June 26, 15:00
- Using TARS to Code in NodeJS – June 26, 15:50
- Actual TARS Operations on the PC – June 26, 16:40
Note some co-located events require pre-registration.
Registration is discounted to RMB940 (US$150) through June 18. Academic, hobbyist and non-profit rates are also available. Applications are being accepted for needs-based and diversity scholarships.
Members of the press who would like to request a press pass to attend should contact Dan Brown at email@example.com.
This is the second year LinuxCon + ContainerCon + CloudOpen will take place in China. Last year’s inaugural event drew over 2,000 attendees, and over 3,000 are expected to join in 2018.
This event is made possible thanks to Strategic Sponsor Huawei; Diamond Sponsors Alibaba Cloud, Intel, SUSE and Tencent; Platinum Sponsor Microsoft; and Gold Sponsors Baidu, Cloud Native Computing Foundation, Pivotal, and Red Hat.
Youku: LC3 2017 Videos (http://i.youku.com/i/UNDY1NTU1NzA2NA==/videos?spm=a2hzp.8244740.0.0)
About LF Asia, LLC
LF Asia, LLC is a US limited liability corporation producing events for open source technologies and open source projects in Asia. The events we produce bring together developers and other key technologists, executives and operators working in open source technology for the purpose of education and networking. Learn more at www.lfasiallc.com.
LC3, LinuxCon, ContainerCon and CloudOpen are trademarks of and used with permission from The Linux Foundation. Please visit The Linux Foundation’s trademark website for more information: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage.
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
# # #
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the world’s leading home for collaboration on open source software, hardware, standards, and data. Linux Foundation projects are critical to the world’s infrastructure including Linux, Kubernetes, Node.js, ONAP, PyTorch, RISC-V, SPDX, OpenChain, and more. The Linux Foundation focuses on leveraging best practices and addressing the needs of contributors, users, and solution providers to create sustainable models for open collaboration. For more information, please visit us at linuxfoundation.org. The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see its trademark usage page: www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.