Thirty-Five Organizations From Tech, Finance, Energy, and Biotech Join The Linux Foundation and Invest in Open Source Technology
The Linux Foundation | 29 June 2018
SAN FRANCISCO – June 29, 2018 – The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, announced the addition of 32 Silver members and 3 Associate members. Linux Foundation members help support development of the shared technology resources, while accelerating their own innovation through open source leadership and participation. Linux Foundation member contributions help provide the infrastructure and resources that enable the world’s largest open collaboration communities.
“Without the support and resources of organizations such as these new members, we would not be able to help open source communities accelerate innovation on such a huge scale,” said Jim Zemlin, executive director, The Linux Foundation. “We welcome all our new members and look forward to collaborating with them further.”
In addition to joining the Foundation, many of the new members have joined Linux Foundation projects like Automotive Grade Linux, Cloud Native Computing Foundation, LF Deep Learning, EdgeX Foundry, Hyperledger, LF Networking, OpenHPC and Open Mainframe Project. For a full list of members, visit https://www.linuxfoundation.org/membership/members/.
Linux Foundation Silver members are organizations that contribute to or otherwise support open source communities and projects. The new Linux Foundation Silver members who joined in the month of May are:
- Abalta Technologies is a leading provider of technology and infotainment solutions for the global connected car market.
- Airbiquity is a leader in vehicle telematics, geofencing, and connected car systems, with more than 7 million connected vehicles on the road.
- Beike Finance is the leading residential property financial services provider in China.
- BGI Shenzhen Co., known as Beijing Genomics Institute prior to 2008, is one of the world’s genome sequencing centers, headquartered in Shenzhen.
- BlackRidge Technology develops, markets and supports a family of products that provide a next generation cyber security solution for protecting enterprise networks and cloud services.
- Blockdaemon is a Nodes as a Service platform that empowers businesses to simply and efficiently manage blockchain applications.
- CircleCI is a continuous integration and continuous delivery platform that helps teams work smarter, faster.
- DiDi is the world’s leading one-stop mobile transportation platform, offering a full range of app-based mobility options for over 450 million users.
- eBaoTech International’s mission is “make insurance easy” – pioneering the 3G insurance tech, or Java based core insurance system, eBaoTech is moving to the 4G insurance technology which is cloud native and microservices based.
- Edgewise Networks is the industry’s first Zero Trust platform for hybrid cloud security – stopping attackers’ lateral movements and protecting workloads by allowing only verified applications, users, containers, and hosts to communicate.
- Elastisys provides products and services in the realm of Kubernetes and automation – enabling intelligent autopiloting for IT operations, increased performance, and availability of applications, all based on world renowned cloud research.
- EPAM Systems provider of digital platform engineering and software development services.
- Evernym, Inc. develops software solutions that leverage distributed ledger technology to provide every individual, organization and connected device with secure and irrevocable identity.
- Experian is a consumer credit reporting agency.
- Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc is a full-service information technology and IT security consulting and professional services firm.
- IOWNIT is a technology-driven investment platform built for investors, entrepreneurs, and their trusted advisors to invest, trade and raise capital in private markets.
- Kakaopay is a mobile payment and digital wallet service by Kakao based in South Korea that allows users make mobile payments and online transactions.
- Kyra Solutions Inc has emerged as one of the leading information technology service providers in the State of Florida.
- Neusoft Corporation provides innovative information technology – enabled solutions and services to meet the demands arising from social transformation, to shape new life styles for individuals and to create values for the society.
- NuCypher enables seamless and secure sharing of sensitive data between organizations as well as allows enterprises to securely use cloud service providers.
- Octarine delivers total visibility, easy policy management, and strong app security with seamless integration with systems such as Kubernetes, Istio, and Kafka to reduce security threats, obtain compliance, and achieve simple, secure multi/hybrid-cloud.
- Omnitude is a project to revolutionise connectivity between blockchain technologies and enterprise systems.
- Optherium Labs is a global research and development organization building a new standard and synergy of blockchain solutions using an open source, collaborative software development approach.
- Ping An Technology (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd is the technology incubator for Ping An Group, with strong research and development capabilities in cloud, artificial intelligence, and big data technologies – is headquartered in Shenzhen and has branches in Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, and Nanjing.
- Pokitdok is a healthcare API platform that makes it faster and easier for you to bring new healthcare applications and services to market.
- Rocket Software helps companies around the world solve their most challenging business problems by helping them run their critical infrastructure, business processes, and data.
- RTE (Reseau D Transport d’Electricite) is the French electricity transmission system operator responsible for operating, maintaining and developing the high and extra high voltage network.
- Safewrd Ventures OU aims to enable and train companies to use open source and cloud technologies to release new software faster.
- Shenzhen Ultrachain Technologies is a leading blockchain technology solutions provider.
- Sitech Electric Automobile Industrial Co., Ltd. is a supplier of electric mobility products and services.
- Sprint Corporation is a communications company offering a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications products and services that are designed to meet the needs of consumers, businesses, government subscribers and resellers.
- Thinkarchitecture AG supports software architects and developers in the critical phases of their projects.
Associate members of The Linux Foundation include of government agencies and not-for-profit organizations that have demonstrated a commitment to building, sustaining, and using open source technologies. The following organizations are new Linux Foundation Associate members:
- Budapest University of Technology & Economics is the most significant University of Technology in Hungary and is considered the world’s oldest Institute of Technology which has university rank and structure.
- MIT Connection Science is working to unlock the trapped potential of the digital networks that surround us — from social media, to civic infrastructure systems, to enterprise databases that house and protect personal information.
- The New Mexico Consortium (NMC) is a non-profit corporation that was created in 2006 by the University of New Mexico (UNM), New Mexico State University (NMSU), and New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology (NM Tech) in partnership with Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) to advance statewide collaboration in science research and promote collaboration.
With the support of its members, The Linux Foundation hosts open source projects across technologies including networking, security, cloud, blockchain, and more. This collaborative development model is helping technology advance at a rapid pace in a way that benefits individuals and organizations around the world.
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world’s top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and industry adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. Founded in 2000, The Linux Foundation today provides tools, training and events to scale any open source project, which together deliver an economic impact not achievable by any one company. More information can be found at www.linuxfoundation.org.
# # #
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
About The Linux Foundation
Founded in 2000, the Linux Foundation is supported by more than 1,000 members and is the world’s leading home for collaboration on open source software, open standards, open data, and open hardware. Linux Foundation’s projects are critical to the world’s infrastructure, including Linux, Kubernetes, Node.js, and more. The Linux Foundation’s methodology focuses on leveraging best practices and addressing the needs of contributors, users, and solution providers to create sustainable models for open collaboration. For more information, please visit us at linuxfoundation.org. The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see its trademark usage page: www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.