Webinar On Demand
Under The Hood Of A Shard-Per-Core Database Architecture
Recorded September 13, 2022
View a Complimentary Webinar Sponsored by ScyllaDB
Most databases are based on architectures that pre-date advances to modern hardware. This results in performance issues, the need to overprovision, and a high total cost of ownership. In this webinar, we will discuss the advances to modern server technology and take a deep dive into ScyllaDB’s shard-per-core architecture and our asynchronous engine, the Seastar framework.
Join us to learn how Seastar (and ScyllaDB):
- Avoid locks and contention on the CPU level
- Bypass kernel bottlenecks
- Implement its per-core shared-nothing autosharding mechanism
- Utilize modern storage hardware
- Leverage NUMA to get the best RAM performance
- Balance your data across CPUs and nodes for best and smoothest performance
Plus we’ll cover the advantages of unlocking vertical scalability.
Tzach Livyatan , VP of Product, ScyllaDB
Tzach has a B.A. and MSc in Computer Science and has spent many years in development, system engineering and product management and worked as an evangelist at Microsoft.