Announcing the 2024 OSPO Survey Call For Sponsors
The Linux Foundation | 06 February 2024
Since 2018, the TODO Group and the Linux Foundation Research have conducted yearly open surveys to assess the state of open source programs and similar initiatives worldwide. Today, we are pleased to announce the launch of the 2024 call for sponsors to those organizations interested in supporting this effort and making the 7th edition possible.
All raw data, questionnaires, results, and insights are available with a CC-BY 4.0 license in the OSPO Survey Repo.
The 2024 survey aims to generate insights into the following areas:
- Adoption and impact of OSPOs across sectors and industries, including perceived benefits and challenges of open source offices, and trends in hiring for open source development.
- The role of OSPOs in critical AI infrastructure, including how OSPOs enable open source knowledge, infrastructure within organizations, tools, and skilled people to contribute to the open source projects that power modern AI infrastructure.
- The role of OSPOs in the security and sustainability of open source ecosystems, including how OSPOs contribute to building more secure software within the software supply chain, and how they enable long-term sustainable ecosystems by aligning organizational goals with open source goals and engaging stakeholders, teams, and executives.
- Industry or geographical segmentation, including additional survey questions to gain insight into specific regions or industries (e.g., OSPOs in finance, OSPOs in Japan).
The topic areas listed above are based on feedback that community members provided throughout the year, whether on GitHub public repo or in open community meetings. The results of this survey can help open source professionals better understand the value of OSPOs for any organization not only relying on software projects but also hardware, open content, AI models, and data to train those models, etc. The survey is relevant to:
- Representatives from organizations working in or alongside OSPOs or similar entities, including those involved in open source at any capacity.
- Representatives from organizations closely associated with OSPOs, such as managers, executives, policymakers, and other key decision-makers in digital/IT strategy and operations that involve open source management.
- Students and individuals exploring a transition in their careers to work in open source roles and OSPO-like entities and gain experience on the status of OSPOs worldwide
Why should my organization consider sponsoring the 2024 Survey?
By supporting the OSPO Survey, you and your organization will:
- Sustain and show commitment to open research and open data around Open Source Program Offices
- Sustain the longest and largest open source survey that is specifically developed to analyze the evolution of OSPO roles across organizations.
- Generate and gather data and insights about OSPO trends and future developments across sectors and regions to inform decision-making.
How can my organization become a sponsor in this research?
We are seeking help from organizations to continue this study, generate a statistically significant survey sample, and maximize the impact of this research. Sponsor benefits include:
- Logo placement on front cover of report;
- Organization bio and social media links on back page of report;
- Branding recognition in survey announcement and other shareables;
- Opportunity to suggest questions and topics during survey instrument development;
- Opportunity to suggest a segmentation (e.g., region, industry, sector, etc.) of interest for deeper analysis;
- Early access to survey findings;
- Opportunity to review the research report prior to publication.
Please review the LF Research Prospectus for more information on sponsoring.
- April 2024: Kick-off and survey development.
- May 2024: Survey in the field.
- May-June 2024: Data analysis and presentation of results.
- June-July 2024: Report drafting.
- August 2024: Report production.
- September 2024: Publication.
To participate, please contact email@example.com to learn more about sponsorship options for 2024 before March 1st.
2023 Compliance and Security Cloud Computing Projects Linux How-To Diversity & Inclusion Open Source Open Source Best Practices 2022 Cross Technology Training and Certification Newsletter 2024 LFX AI LF Research Legal Research Networking and Edge Topic: Data Blog Data Governance Featured LF Energy Linux Linux Foundation Open Mainframe Open Models OpenChain System Administration Topic: Security eBPF generative AI kernel license compliance maintainer techtalentsurvey