Special Anniversary Edition: This Week in Open Source News
The Linux Foundation | 26 August 2016
1) An overview of Linux’s history reveals circumstance, innovation, and cross-platform demand resulted in its massive success and legacy.
2) The 2016 Linux Kernel Development Report has been released and reveals profitability.
3) “Just 7.7% of devs are unpaid—because Linux development is worth paying for.”
4) At LinuxCon North America this week, Linux Foundation Executive Director Jim Zemlin looks back on 25 years of Linux.
5) “Thanks to a multi-year tradition, it is rather easy to predict when an improved version of Linux is about to roll out.”
Cloud Computing Compliance and Security Projects Linux How-To Diversity & Inclusion Open Source Best Practices 2022 Events Cross Technology Training and Certification LFX Open Source Blockchain Research Legal Networking and Edge Data Governance Green Software Foundation LF Energy LF Research OpenChain System Administration