This Week in Linux News: Apache Foundation Founder Becomes Hyperledger Executive Director, Linux 4.6 Has Arrived, & More
The Linux Foundation | 20 May 2016
1) Brian Behlendorf, developer of Apache web-server software, announced as the Hyperledger Project’s new executive director.
2) Linux 4.6 provides improved security, ARM support, & gaming hardware support.
3) OpenDaylight executive director Neela Jacques explains the ubiquity of open source.
The Shift in Open Source: A New Kind of Platform War– NetworkWorld
4) Adam Jaffe testifies in the Oracle’s copyright infringement case against Google.
5) Major security vulnerability in the Symantec Antivirus Engine has been uncovered and could compromise Linux, Mac and Windows PCs.
Security Hole in Symantec Antivirus Exposes Windows, Linux and Macs– SecurityBrief NZ
Cloud Computing Compliance and Security Projects Linux How-To Diversity & Inclusion Open Source Best Practices 2022 Events Cross Technology Training and Certification LFX Open Source Blockchain Research Legal Networking and Edge Data Governance Green Software Foundation LF Energy LF Research OpenChain System Administration