This Week in Linux News: Civil Infrastructure Project Launches, Skype for Linux Disappoints, & More
The Linux Foundation | 07 April 2016
This week in Linux news, The Linux Foundation launches the Civil Infrastructure Project (CIP), Skype for Linux users are disappointed, and more! Catch up on the latest in Linux news with our weekly digest.
1) The Linux Foundation launches a new Collaborative Project to help expand civil infrastructure.
2) Microsoft partners with R3 to further blockchain tools; Lead rival is IBM, using the Hyperledger Project.
3) Users complain that Skype for Linux is missing important features and lacks reliability.
4) Linus Torvalds comments on the ubiquity of Linux in embedded systems at Embedded Linux Conference/OpenIoT Summit.
Linux’s Torvalds surprised by IoT uptake– ReadWrite
5) Windows isn’t worried about destructive rm -rf / command.
2023 Cloud Computing Compliance and Security Projects Linux How-To Diversity & Inclusion Events Open Source Best Practices 2022 Open Source Cross Technology Training and Certification LFX Blockchain Legal Newsletter Research LF Research Networking and Edge Blog Data Governance Featured LF Energy Open Mainframe OpenChain System Administration