This Week in Open Source, CNCF Announces 6th Managed Project, Changes in OSS Accelerate SDN & More
The Linux Foundation | 03 March 2017
This week in open source news, CNCF adds gRPC to list of existing projects, making it the sixth, and other stories. Keep reading to stay on top of your news this week!
1) The Linux Foundation’s Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) announced it’s adding gRPC open source protocol to list of projects.
2) Open source community changes “promise to accelerate the adoption of software-defined networks (SDN).”
Open-Source Networking Is Coming of Age– ChannelInsider
3) Skype continues to strengthen new Linux app “with a handful of new updates that mark its transition from alpha into beta.”
4) CentOS developer/maintainer announces “availability of an important Linux kernel security update for all users of the CentOS 5 operating system series.”
5) Johns Hopkins Cryptographer and Computer Scientist Matthew Green explains he’s happy to see any code come out of Google’s Gmail encryption work, but that it’s “hardly the email-encrypting plugin Google promised.”
2023 Compliance and Security Cloud Computing Projects Linux How-To Diversity & Inclusion Open Source Open Source Best Practices 2022 Cross Technology Training and Certification Newsletter 2024 LFX AI LF Research Legal Research Networking and Edge Topic: Data Blog Data Governance Featured LF Energy Linux Linux Foundation Open Mainframe Open Models OpenChain System Administration Topic: Security eBPF generative AI kernel license compliance maintainer techtalentsurvey