This Week in Open Source News: AGL Reveals Latest Platform, OSS For Mainstream Business & More
The Linux Foundation | 11 August 2017
This week in open source news, AGL reveals new infotainment platform, mainstream enterprises derive the most benefit from OSS, and more! Read on to stay on top of the latest open source news.
1) Automotive Grade Linux (AGL) recently revealed the latest infotainment platform along with a new Virtualization Expert Group (EG-VIRT) to develop a virtualized architecture.
Linux Foundation Focuses on Bringing Virtualization to Your Car– RCRWireless News
2) “Combing through the last few quarters of earnings transcripts, it’s clear that open source has arrived…but to very different destinations, depending on the company.”
3) Amazon Web Services joined the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF), (open source home of the Kubernetes project,) as a Platinum Member.
AWS joins the Cloud Native Computing Foundation– TechCrunch
4) “On August 24 and 25, the Ubuntu Desktop team will be holding a “Fit and Finish Sprint,” where they will aggressively test GNOME.”
5) The VoltaStream Zero (an open source integrated audio module in the same form as a Raspberry Pi Zero) has launched.
Cloud Computing Compliance and Security Projects Linux How-To Diversity & Inclusion Open Source Best Practices 2022 Events Cross Technology Training and Certification LFX Open Source Blockchain Research Legal Networking and Edge Data Governance Green Software Foundation LF Energy LF Research OpenChain System Administration