This Week in Open Source News: CNCF Buys RethinkDB's Source Code, SnapRoute Has $25 Million in Funding & More
The Linux Foundation | 10 February 2017
This week in Linux and open source news, CNCF announces purchase of RethinkDB’s source code, SnapRoute boasts new, industry-leading backers, and more! Use our weekly digest to round out your OSS news monitoring.
1) CNCF announces purchase of RethinkDB’s source code and donation to The Linux Foundation, where it will “live on under an Apache license.”
After Corporate Failure, Open Source RethinkDB Lives On Under The Linux Foundation– App Developer Magazine
2) SnapRoute (founded by former Apple engineers) uses OSS to make data center networking more flexible– and now boasts $25 in funding.
3) ECOMP has been open sourced and is now a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project.
4) Slimbook’s Apple Air-like laptops come with KDE Neon installed.
Finally, a Linux Laptop Worthy of KDE– TechRepublic
5) Red Hat’s growth spurt has “allowed the company to invest in Africa……opening offices in SA and looking at entering other markets.”
Cloud Computing Compliance and Security Projects Linux How-To Diversity & Inclusion Open Source Best Practices 2022 Events Cross Technology Training and Certification LFX Open Source Blockchain Research Legal Networking and Edge Data Governance Green Software Foundation LF Energy LF Research OpenChain System Administration