This Week in Open Source News: Linux Forces Improved Windows Gaming, Blockchain's Importance Surges in 2017 & More
The Linux Foundation | 13 January 2017
This week in Linux and OSS news, Steven J. Vaughn-Nichols explains why Linux is forcing Windows to up its gaming game, blockchain is especially important in the current sociopolitical climate, and more! Read on to keep on top of the most important tech stories.
1) Linux can take some credit for improving Windows gaming, writes Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols
2) The Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation to begin using The Linux Foundation’s Hyperledger Project.
3) It’s the “impact of blockchain on […] finance and business that’s fostering innovation and opportunities for her company and clients.”
Why IBM CEO Ginni Rometty Believes in Blockchain– brandchannel
4) A hacker has published an open source tool for helping admins strengthen their network security.
5) “Microsoft’s Windows Subsystem for Linux is evolving into a credible alternative to running Linux inside Windows on VMs.”
Cloud Computing Compliance and Security Projects Linux How-To Diversity & Inclusion Open Source Best Practices 2022 Events Cross Technology Training and Certification LFX Open Source Blockchain Research Legal Networking and Edge Data Governance Green Software Foundation LF Energy LF Research OpenChain System Administration