This Week in Open Source News: New Microsoft Scripting Language Opens Up, What Most Don't Get About OSS, & More
The Linux Foundation | 19 August 2016
1) Microsoft’s PowerShell scripting language and command-line shell has been released as open source, meaning that Windows and Azure’s management tools will have a greater reach.
2) Open source has come so far over the last few decades and perceptions of it have changed in the business world
What People Don’t Get About Open Source– Light Reading
3) Swapnil Bhartiya considers the new Google OSS announcement from this week.
4) The Linux Foundation has taken steps to mitigate Linux security flaw
5) The Linux Foundation’s latest open source project is focused on the “architecture, implementation and support of digital networks.”
Cloud Computing Compliance and Security Projects Linux How-To Diversity & Inclusion Open Source Best Practices 2022 Events Cross Technology Training and Certification LFX Open Source Blockchain Research Legal Networking and Edge Data Governance Green Software Foundation LF Energy LF Research OpenChain System Administration