This Week in Open Source News: Open Source Fridays, New Linux Foundation Project for Multi-Cloud Environments & More
The Linux Foundation | 30 June 2017
This week in open source and Linux news, GitHub takes their Friday enthusiasm beyond casual Friday in creating a weekly “Open Source Day”, a new Linux Foundation Project was announced, and much more! Read on, stay open-source-informed.
1) GitHub encourages companies to devote time every Friday for their employees to work on open source projects.
GitHub Declares Every Friday Open Source Day– VentureBeat
2) New Linux Foundation Project focuses on centralizing security services orchestration for multi-cloud environments.
Open Security Controller: Security Service Orchestration for Multi-Cloud Environments– HelpNetSecurity
3) Linux Foundation Projects top list of open source networking projects
10 Most Important Open Source Networking Projects– NetworkWorld
4) “Dan Cauchy, Executive Director of Automotive Grade Linux explains how open source can be key to establishing future industry standards.”
The Linux Foundation Explains the Importance of Open Source in Autonomous, Connected Cars– Digit
5) Hackers have turned their attention towards attacking IoT devices running open-source operating systems.
Linux Malware Gaining Favor Among Cybercriminals– SCMagazine
Cloud Computing Compliance and Security Projects Linux How-To Diversity & Inclusion 2023 Open Source Best Practices 2022 Events Cross Technology Training and Certification Open Source LFX Blockchain Research Legal Networking and Edge Data Governance LF Energy LF Research OpenChain System Administration