This Week in Open Source News: Wal-Mart Joins OSS Revolution, Latest Linux Version Integrated Into Android, & More
The Linux Foundation | 29 July 2016
1) Wal-Mart announces they will make their application lifecycle management tool available as an open source project.
2) Android Nougat updates protect the kernel’s memory and reduce attack surface.
3) Facebook open sources Surround360 video capture system, with full specs and code on GitHub.
Facebook Releases Open Source Software for Its 360 Degree Camera– Popular Science
4) Flynn open source PaaS includes pieces necessary to get apps running, but doesn’t make use of recent technology.
5) Microsoft is making good on its promise to update client regularly.
Cloud Computing Compliance and Security Projects Linux How-To Diversity & Inclusion Open Source Best Practices 2022 Events Cross Technology Training and Certification LFX Open Source Blockchain Research Legal Networking and Edge Data Governance Green Software Foundation LF Energy LF Research OpenChain System Administration