Share your knowledge and expertise by speaking at Open Source Summit North America, August 29-31 in Vancouver BC. Proposals are being accepted through April 29th.
As the leading technical conference for professional open source, Open Source Summit gathers developers, sysadmins, DevOps professionals, architects and community members from across the globe for education and collaboration across the ecosystem.
As open source continues to evolve, so does the content that Open Source Summit covers, and we’re excited to announce new content areas that will be covered this year in addition to those that continue to be of critical importance to our attendees.
This year’s tracks/content will cover the following areas:
- Cloud Native Apps/Serverless/Microservices
- Infrastructure & Automation (Cloud / Cloud Native / DevOps)
- Linux Systems
- Artificial Intelligence & Data Analytics
- Emerging Technologies & Wildcard (Networking, Edge, IoT, Hardware, Blockchain)
- Community, Compliance, Governance, Culture, Open Source Program Management (in the Open Collaboration Conference tracks)
- Diversity & Inclusion (in the Diversity Empowerment Summit )
- Innovation at Apache/In Apache Projects (in the Apache Software Foundation track)
- Cloud & Container Apprentice Linux Engineer Tutorials Track (geared towards attendees new to using Linux and open source based cloud & container technologies)
Our program chairs are ensuring that we increase content for our sysadmin, devops and software architecture audience this year as well, based on feedback received from 2017, so please submit talks geared towards any of these audience types, as well as community managers, program office management, and of course developers.
On that note, we are pleased to announce our 2018 Program Chairs, Track Chairs and Program Committee:
- Robyn Bergeron, Ansible Community Architect, Red Hat
- Donnie Berkholtz, VP, IT Service Delivery, Carlson Wagonlit Travel
- Greg Kroah-Hartman, Linux Kernel Developer
- Bryan Liles, Staff Engineer, Heptio
- Jono Bacon, Community Strategy Consultant, Author & Speaker (Open Collaboration Conference)
- Rich Bowen, Vice President of Conferences, Apache Software Foundation (Innovation at Apache)
- Nithya Ruff, Senior Director, Open Source Practice, Comcast (Diversity Empowerment Summit)
- Behan Webster, Converse in Code (Apprentice Track)
- Laura Abbott, Fedora Kernel Engineer, Red Hat
- Zaheda Bhorat, Head of Open Source Strategy, Amazon Web Services
- James Bottomley, Distinguished Engineer, IBM
- Joe Brockmeier, Senior Evangelist, Linux Containers, Red Hat
- Jessie Frazelle, Software Engineer, Microsoft
- Michelle Noorali, Software Engineer, Microsoft
- Daniel Whitenack, Data Scientist, Lead Developer Advocate, Pachyderm
Register & Save
Not submitting, but planning to attend? Register now and save $300 with early bird pricing.
Interested in sponsoring?
Showcase your thought leadership among a vibrant open source community and connect with top influencers driving today’s technology purchasing decisions. Learn more »