The 2016 Open Source Jobs Report is now available! Partnering again with Dice, we went beyond Linux and received feedback from nearly 5,000 open source professionals to examine employment trends.
- 87% of hiring managers say it’s difficult to find open source talent, and 79% have even increased incentives to hold on to their current open source professionals.
- 58% of hiring managers are looking for DevOps talent, making DevOps the most in-demand role in open source today.
- For jobs seekers, even though 86% of tech professionals say open source has advanced their careers, only 2% say money and perks are the best part of their job.
Get all the findings when you view the infographic below, and download the full report.
Latest posts by The Linux Foundation (see all)
- eBay Provides OpenAPI Specification (OAS) for All its RESTful Public APIs - August 14, 2018
- Session Lineup at Open Source Summit Europe and Embedded Linux Conference + OpenIoT Summit Europe Offers Complete Overview of the Open Source Ecosystem - August 14, 2018
- Keynotes Announced for Open FinTech Forum: AI, Blockchain & Kubernetes on Wall Street - August 10, 2018