The 2016 Open Source Jobs Report is now available! Partnering again with Dice, we went beyond Linux and received feedback from nearly 5,000 open source professionals to examine employment trends.
- 87% of hiring managers say it’s difficult to find open source talent, and 79% have even increased incentives to hold on to their current open source professionals.
- 58% of hiring managers are looking for DevOps talent, making DevOps the most in-demand role in open source today.
- For jobs seekers, even though 86% of tech professionals say open source has advanced their careers, only 2% say money and perks are the best part of their job.
Get all the findings when you view the infographic below, and download the full report.
Latest posts by The Linux Foundation (see all)
- Akraino Edge Stack Enables Connected Car, AR/VR, AI Edge, and Telco Access Edge Application Use Cases - January 16, 2020
- Uber Announces OpenChain Conformance - December 16, 2019
- The Linux Foundation’s Automated Compliance Work Garners New Funding, Advances Tools Development - December 12, 2019